Uh-oh

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by chromeblazed, Mar 30, 2006.

1. Some of my plants are starting to turn a light neon green color. Recomendations?

Attached Files:

2. No no. The one that I linked to works GREAT! I felt ripped off by my Living Air filter. It was like 450 bucks. The one that I posted the link for works WAY better, is WAY quieter, and WAY cheaper. Plus it has a longer warranty and the maintenance costs are 1/5.

3. Up4,
    The one in the link you provided is not really an ionizer it is an ozone generator/filter. I use an ozone filter too albeit different from the one you have there. I have used it for years and it works well. Most of those ionizer things are a scam I think. I use my O3 generator only when expecting company or something and I don't keep it on for that long. Do you have any thoughts on when the filter needs to be replaced?

Chrome, what type and how much fertilizer has this plant been fed up until this point (besides the Epsom Salt)? Your plant actually looks pretty good to me.

Edit: Ok I see on 4/28 you said you have not fed. Now is the time for you to start feeding (actually, 3.5 weeks old should be the time to start at 1/4 strength fert).

4. the one I linked to uses a UV filter to IONIZE and create O3. The fact that it creates ions would, to me anyway, qualify it as an ionizer. It just uses a different method of ioization - UV light - instead of the electrical corona method.

totally agree. I have tried SEVERAL different kinds and brands and very few of them were real effective.

If you're asking about the filter in YOUR unit, I have no idea. I'd consult your product manual or visually inspect the filter.

If you're asking about the filter in the one I posted, it doesn't really use a filter to clean the air. The Ozone and the charged ion particles are what filters the air. The ions attach themselves to contaminants and knock them out of the air. The ozone kills things and disinfects.

5. Thanks for the advice VTEC. I've spotted a female. She looks a little skimpy and too neon green and some of her lower fan leaves have fallen off. Some of her fan leaves look like they are being burnt off but they are very far away from the light. I do have the fan on all the time and they have been getting blown rather harshly. She doesn't look healthy at all what can I do? Should I use monster grow to fert? What ferts are the best?

Attached Files:

6. Yeah I was aware of that. I thought I saw replacement filters for the "ball" generator I have but, not sure. I will have to check my paper work.

Yeah Chrome.
    I still think your pic # 2 left plant shows slight magnesium with some N trouble. Whatever it is, they need to be fed soon. Just give them something. I think that monster grow is fine. Good ferts are organics found here http://www.insidesun.com/index.php?action=category&id=12 OR others found here http://www.insidesun.com/index.php?action=category&id=4 Get anything like these and do it fast, they need to be fed.

7. i think when this guy grows his sucess is gonna be 100%,,,, just because he is showing looking before doing,,, CHROMEBLAZED checked out your post from small till now,,,,, that neon green you speak of is a true sign of them getting there needed supply of nitrogen,,,,,the last pic. you posted looks healthy as hell,,,,,, when do you plan to induce flowering,,,,

8. I started flowering Saturday the 29th, thanks for the input. I've just spotted another 2 females out of the 9 with no signs. That neon green plant still doesn't look to healthy to me i believe it is the heat because sometimes my closet reaches temps above 90 degrees anybody have any suggestions for the heat? i was thinking dry ice

9. 7 females flowering (2nd week) on 212w high output flouros. What ferts does anyone reccomend? I've been spraying with monster grow thats about it. I've got Nitrozime and superthrive. But I want to wait to add that in with the ferts i will be getting. Can i add nitrozime and superthrive in the same gal mixture?

10. dont use an ionizer or ozone its not natural your best bet is carbon and it looks like you dont have a exhaust system so a filter is out the question but you can get pantyhose and stuff it with carbon then hang it in and outside your growbox I think Tidycats makes a litter with carbon now try it thats what im gonna experiment with if it doesnt work just get the carbon from an aquarium or petstore

11. Next time you add epsom salt put 1/2 tespoon in a gallon of water.

Thanks dale:wave:

12. Chrome,
    I would stop spraying them pretty soon. When the buds come up you could invite mold by spraying. Spray during flower only if you are trying to get rid of mold, pests or have a deficiency. Otherwise use a fert high in P for flower such as 9-20-12.