UH-OH SOMETHING IS HAPPENING-PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Reggie376, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Hello everybody, 
                                  this is my first grow and up until today i thought i was dealing with hot soil. However now i have noticed it on my 2nd thc bomb which is in native soil. Anyway heres my info

What type of medium; soil or hydro? soil[/size]
    What brand and type of soil? miraclo grow organic choice, mg organic compost, chicken and sheep manure, kelp meal, blood and bone meal, dolomite lime which totalled 75 gall then another 75 gall of native soil.[/size]
    Indoors or outdoors? outdoor[/size]
    What strain? i have g house white rhino, frissian dew and thc bomb all in the ground and arjan haze#1 in a 75 gall smart pot and a 2nd bomb in a 5 gall pot[/size]
    How old are the plants? my main 4 sprouted 6th of september the other bomb maybe early october.[/size]
    What type of lights and how many watts? my main 4 started under cfl's then 2 weeks later a 400watt hps[/size]
    How far from the lights? roughly a metre[/size]
    What is your watering frequency and source of water? every 3-4 days and the source is rain water, ph 6.9[/size]
    What, how much and when was it fed? NPK? i fed my main 4 nitrosol at half strength 3 times and kelp and nettle teas every 4th watering[/size]
    What is the medium/runoff pH and PPM if in hydro?[/size]
    What are the temps and humidity in the room?[/size]
    What size pots?[/size]
    Any bugs? Look real close. sometimes i find an odd ladybird but other than snail damage to the friss , nothing.[/size]
    Any other pertinent info? Due to an un-timely visit from the grand parents( which means me not locking the shed  :eek:[/size] ) they had to go into the ground early.[/size]

I put my soil mix out 6/9/13 and i planned to vege till december which would be 3 months cooking but they went in 10/10/13. Before then (in pots) I had seen a nitrogen def which cleared right up with a nettle / kelp tea. Otherwise all were healthy in my humble opinion. [/size]

Now i'm seeing deformed leaves , leaf edges curling up and sort of blotches around the leaves. I thought it was hot soil but now its appearing on the 2nd bomb which is in native soil!!! so im starting to worry. [/size]

I put pics up so hopefully someone can steer me in the right direction. I'm very grateful to all who have given their time to read this and i'll be even more so if you can help. if you need more pics or info i'd be happy to oblige.                        
                             Much love and many thanks

Attached Files:

2. Let me preface this with, "I don't know a lot about organics" now it looks like a sulphur or phosphorus def. as far as how to correct. In organics I'm not sure. Here is a lil cheat sheet that I got my answer from. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1383845465.564876.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thanks for replying mate,
                                                   i'll deffo look into the phos / sulph defficiency but now im seeing a lot of little white flies.Theres a fruit tree in the garden with some crazy shit going on! Have a look at the pic. could it be to do with that? Ive just picked up some neem oil so i'll get into that straight away. I also have 2 autos going but they have no signs of the problem?!? 
      Could it be stagnant water? i have a rain tank in the garden which isnt moving and its full of larvae and mosquitos. 

My soil mix was far from the best but i follwed a mix from the "no nutes just water" thread in the organics section so its frustrating to see my beautys not doing so well. They,ve got 3 more months to veg and one is pushing 4ft already :yay:  so hopefully this wont affect them to much as long as i fix it quickly. 

Attached Files:

4. Ask the people in the organics section....you'll get a proper answer over there. What you've gotten is a blind guess from someone who knows nothing of organics.

5. While you're at it, ask them if there are any companion plants you can grow near your outdoor girls...there's tons of lists out there relating to fruits and veggies, but none that include our favorite. If you aren't familiar with companion plants, do a search for them; a ton of stuff will pop up and its really interesting.

6. Looking at that new pic, I'd get the neem oil applied ASAP. Just incase its pests. Just don't apply too close to harvest. Its a bad taste on your flowers. Like 2-4 weeks before harvest, stop using it. Neem is a good preventative and will kill some smaller pests. It will deter larger pests because of its taste. Make sure you dilute with water. I'd also hit the autos with it. Again just as a precaution.

The rain water source. If its got flys and stuff laying larva, I'd get a current flowing in the bottom. Either get a water pump, or get an air pump to aerate the water. Just anything to get that water moving around.

This won't really violate the organic grow. You may want to pop in to the organics forum and make a post.

Let me know what you end up doing.

7. Did you ever figure out what was causing the damage in pics?
    I'm experiencing the same thing

8. hello mate,
                          no not conclusivley.There was a fruit tree near to them that had a type of fungus but it was never treated or anything. However on the plants it originally  presented on , after neem , dipel and regular feeds with really basic organics it cleared up. Not only cleared up but all of them are booming. 

Now on my 2nd wave of plants , its showing up again. They're about 6 wks  old and 4 out of 5 are showing signs. So im just gunna do the same as before. How old are ya plants? any sign of pests?

9. My plants are in perpetual cycle indoors so they are all different ages.
    I notice it appears about a week or two after put in flower.on 3or 4 leaves
    Here and there. Then no new signs and plant finishes. I haven't seen any bugs
    Other than some fungus gnats. But I've had them before off and on for years without
    This problem.. the only thing I'm doing different from what I always have is my water
    Source. I moved about 6 months ago and problem started right after.

10. I been online searching for leaf damage and your pics are the only I found spot on to the same as mine look