Uh-Oh ScROG watering question

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Synned, Dec 18, 2008.

1. So last night we built our scrog screen, out of PVC pipe and wire. It looks pretty legit, should get the job done. Screen is approx 27" off of the floor. (Gonna be lowered)

We have 8 females in 5 gallon pots that we just started flowering today. :D.

I was thinking, as of right now, when we water them we take them over to a rubbermaid container with a rack on top, and give each 5 gallon pot a gallon. As you can imagine...this is a lot of drip through, so I'm kinda panicking thinking about watering once they're tangled in the screen. The plants are sitting on the floor, I feel like that room will just get soaked floors.

What do you guys do? Would a tray be feasible? I wouldn't even know how to drain the tray if we put one underneath...

2. You could go to Home Depot or Lowes and get individual pot trays for each pot. They are inexpensive and come in several different sizes. I put plastic sheeting down first on my floor, and then the pot trays, and generally the run-off stays contained. Get the biggest trays you can fit in your grow space, that leave a couple of inches of space around the base of your pot, and you should be good to go........

3. Set my 8 gal pots on top of baby food jars inside of shallow rubber maid container then rigged the rubber maid container up with a hose and valve to catch the runoff. The hose can then be routed to fill a pail that can be shuttled to the waste. The valve is good to stop in between runs and slope the catch pan so that all of the water can be removed. The baby food jars were used to raise the pots so that they were not sitting in their own water during flushing or....