Uh oh... i think i got a hermie...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by inb4bud, Dec 9, 2012.

1. #1 inb4bud, Dec 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    xx

2. if its a hermy, thats an indication for bad breeding. if its male, then the pollen came from a male plant, so its not feminized at all.
    if you only have one plant, theres no reason to throw it away because its a hermy, but I recommend you pick off all the male flowers as soon as you can identify them. youre gonna miss a couple and get a couple of seeds anyways, but if you dont do it youre gonna have more seeds than you could need.
    calyxes with seeds in them grow a little different (more of a hard shiny layer inside aroudn the seed) and a plant producing seeds is obviously gonna produce proportionally less bud, but if you get the seeds out after drying it, youre still gonna have a little smokable weed.

3. #3 inb4bud, Dec 9, 2012
    xx

4. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure two weeks old is way to young to tell anything as far as sex.

5. #5 inb4bud, Dec 9, 2012
    xx

6. yes, take a puicture please... very young female flower buds can look like male flower buds when they dont yet show their pistils. clear signs are a short stem on male flowers and pistils on female flowers, if you cant clearly identify either one, its too early to call it.

7. #7 inb4bud, Dec 9, 2012
    xx