Uh Oh, I don't like the looks of this

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Hempfarmer, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Some strange growth, it looks like a male pod but it's got a hair sticking out of it. DSC01043.jpg

2. Well that little thing just couldn't mak up it's mind. You got buds so female, you got a ball (but males tend to grow clusters of balls and that hair is definately indicitive of female. Now I (the blonde) am as confused as your plant. COuld have been stressed or just a hermie.

3. Fluctuating temps in my grow room have been a problem, it's the only real stress I've put my plants through my guess it's because of that. Should I snip it?

4. When a ball does form, how long does it take from start to finish(pollenate)?

5. As long as clusters of balls don't start forming and the hairs come out it is the hair that sticks out of the ball thats important,. It should be OK. You have buds so no biggie. let it go another few days and watch it carefully if it goes to male then cull it. if the new nodes form and are female it should be OK.

6. That isnt a male pod its a swollen seed pod. Its likely empty, squish it if you dont believe me

and then smoke it lol

7. When the buds are forming at about 5weeks to 8weeks.Even earlyer(8weeks normal
    ripening time(peak harvest).).The pestils(white hairs) tend to reach out, these are
    naturally made to collect pollen from a male plant.

And it looks like its being a little hermaphrodyte.Stress may be a cause.

8. Yes stress. Hermie could be but most likely if there are no mre stresses you will have a nice hermie. Try giving it 1 Tbsp Molasses per gallon of water this is sold in the hydro shops a de stress for plants. 1 tbsp molasses with 3 tbsp water bring to boil add to a gallon of feeding warter shoul d perk it up and de stress it a bit.