Uh oh! Help?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by McDankityDank, Feb 4, 2013.

1. So I came home tonight, and one of the little sticky hangers that hold my CFLs up broke loose and fell on top of the soil right next to my seedling. The temperature was up to 120. One of the first two leaves that pops out after the round ones was curled up and crispy, all the other leaves were plenty moist. Should I cut the curled up crispy leaf off?

2. Anyone.....?

3. Nope let it do its thing and hope it will recover.

4. This.

4th grow(Apprentice) - BC Big Bud 1200w

5. Is it very likely that it actually WILL recover? or would I just be best off to start over since it's only like 6 days old.

6. Just let it grow, hon! If the leaf is crispy dry, remove it. If not, give it a chance. The less you do to your plant, the better! Plants have been growing for long before there were humans- they have growing down pat! ;)

Granny :wave:

7. Might make it might not. Seedlings are fragile and tiny and probably was cooked when the light was there. Sorta like when you burn yourself your actually cooking that area of your body.

Let it be and see if it recovers. All you really can do.

8. id go with storm crow if its crispy dry remove it because its useless and only takes energy away from the plant trying to photosynthesis that area which is gone but if there is still some green on it leave it be, I think aslong as the growing tip is still alright then it will keep on regenerating from there and in a couple of months will be a distant memory,, I hope thats the case for you good luck

9. Just a little update, she has made way to a good recovery already. She turned green again and straightened right up. Lets hope she can make it all the way!

10. Good to hear man. I'm happy for ya. Now just sit back relax and most importantly :smoke: