Ugh - Federal Student Financial Aid is so fucked.

Discussion in 'General' started by Foniac, Jul 16, 2007.

1. So I just completed my application for Student Financial Aid through the government.

My mom is a single parent, and I'm receiving no support from my father for school. My mom is a nurse, and doesn't make a huge amount of money.

We rent, and struggle to get by month to month.

The Federal Government is only giving me 2000 dollars per year. My school costs over 40k per year.

I love it. We can send our kids to war, but not to college.

2. College is only a business. Nothing more. College is pretty much glorified high-school classes in which we pay an enourmous amount of money towards. Mainly for partying, toking, and drinking. $40,000 well spent.

Why do you think there are so many enthnic scholarships? The more "diverse" their campus seems, means more people will want to attend. Which equals more money for them.

Believe me. My girl's mom is a Prof., its entirely a business. They can give two-shits whether you win or fail at life. As long as they are job-secured.

3. well you're lucky you can get what you can Foniac. I'm not even eligible for financial aid. my dad owns his own business as does my mom. It makes them look quite wealthy on paper, but most of that wealth can't be reallocated. They are trying to help brother (who is getting his doctorate) and I (working on a second separate degree) as much as they can, but I'll still need to do 80% of the work. Its tough as fuck to keep a job and classes going all the time. My brother and I are still quite young so we don't have the greatest jobs. I can't get a job doing art out here so I'm doing biological sampling and he works in a research laboratory which pays crap for baccalaureate researchers. I have no money for food for the rest of the month, I'm missing half of next months rent, probably won't make any of my other bills on time next month. needless to say I can't buy any herb to help me relax and focus.

fucking education system. I wish i could just get a loan right now, buy a rare/used book store, make enough money to cover my expenses and be done with it.