ugh 4 males, in a row...

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by lala7, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Well, 2 so far, and 2 more i suspect... going to give them another day or so to be sure. Ive had males before, but never this frequent. things like this make me want to start buying feminized seeds.

Are they very reliable to get females? Ive heared mixed reviews on em.

Im still trying new strains out so a mother isnt what I want at this time:D

2. i get feminized. still chances of hermies but more chance of females.

3. I have purchased 20+ fem seeds and had zero males. (To me) they are worth the money, especially if you are going to keep a mother and clone it. They are more expensive, but if time is a worry (waiting 3 weeks to sex), then I would say it is a good investment.

4. I've grown a few feminized and they were all female. Single seed centre ftw. I only have room to grow two plants in a closet so I can't risk males, but even if I had room to grow 20, I'd wanna flower 20 so I'd still prolly go feminized or really clones at that point but yes. Feminized is good. The ones I grew came from world of seeds and delicious seeds.

5. sweet, i;ll start buying them now

6. dont worry to much the males show sex before females generally. i have always been able to find males before the females show sex

7. 4 males out of how many total??
    So you got at least 8 plants going??
    50% ration is about the norm..

Yes, feminized seeds are great if you're just growing seed to harvest..
    I have seen 1,000s grown out, and I would guess maybe an 85% hermmie rate.. No stress to the plant at all, is the key for no boys...

If you're going to order from a breeder, do some research of the strain before you pick your seeds.. Most people look at the pictures and pick something that looks lick-able.. Not knowing people in forums are complaining of herrmies..

But if you're looking to clone, I personally would not use a feminized plant, but I would (and always do) use seeds from a breeder..