UFOs

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by yourHIGHness, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Do any of you believe that there must be something out there? There can't possibly be other life out there, can there?
    What are your thought on this subject? Do you have any personal experiences?

2. I think that as big as the universe is, it is statistacally likely that there is some type of life elsewhere.

3. #3 Chronikal, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
    It may be trite, but I do believe that the universe is so expansive, with so many stars, solar systems, galaxies, clusters and super clusters that I find it unlikely that there is not some form of organic or chemically complex compounds.

Whether or not they are anything (and that needs stressing) like life on earth remains to be seen. We have no evidence that life must be Carbon-based. Nor that compounds abundant on earth are integral to life (such as water). The possibilities are truly staggering. What I do know is that a lot of the current UFO conspiracy/paranormal activity is sketchy at best. I hold a skeptical viewpoint; I have no reason to believe that there is any extraterrestrial activity on earth until there is real evidence and proof of such.

We seem to have the approach of an imaginative toddler: peeking down the dark, cosmic hallway; seeing a brief glimpse of a shadow and ascribing all sorts of fantastical, incredulous attributes to what may very well be a curtain swaying in the breeze. :)

4. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oda2qm0We8E"]YouTube - This is one disturbing phone call![/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSmrIO4wdzA&feature=related"]YouTube - Phoenix Arizona UFO Video by an ireporter(CNN)|April 22,2008[/ame]

5. it is in fact unlikely that there is not life within the rest of our universe. thats aside from all the parallel universes and at least 11 other dimensions.

considering all the ufo sightings i would say....of course theres life out there!!!

6. I completely believe there are other life forms in our vast universe, DMT may be a glimpse into another dimension... crazy stuff

7. Last night I was looking out of my window, saw a rather large shooting star zoom across the sky. A few seconds later I noticed a dot of light get bigger and brighter until it suddenly disappeared.

8. fo show i blelieve in ufo and or aliens i mean there a gigantict universe out there anyways y not believe doesnt hurt and its cool to think about

9. my thoughts exactly.

10. #10 BillDavis, Dec 4, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2008
    That gave me the creeps man...

Its crazy that I come on here and see this thread. The last two nights I've had dreams about aliens and when I woke up from them I couldn't go back to sleep. The first night the dream took place during the day and I was looking out my backdoor and there was tons of ufos in the sky, just hovering. Nothing crazy that was all. The second night in the dream I was in bed just laying there looking towards the laundry room where our backdoor is and I hear this noise. Then out of nowhere this alien looking thing comes creeping around the corner. It was like a mix of your generic description of an alien mixed with the aliens from Signs. It seemed really real. Made me jump up in my bed... I think I need to quit getting drunk because both nights I was hammered when I went to bed, always have weird dreams when I've been drinking.

But yeah... There are aliens. It'd be stupid to think with how large the univerese is that our planet would be the only one with life on it.

Edit: Dude, I kinda hate the fact that when you watch something on youtube it brings up a list of similar type things. On the one I quoted there is a 911 call, it says horrible 911 dispatch call - disturbing but ofcourse I had to listen to it. Some 21 year old chick with a baby calling because some is in her house... Fuckin' nuts. I couldn't listen to it all the way. Was making the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. Crap. It was for a movie. I gotta go smoke some weed now.

11. The universe is incomprehensibly vast and we're only just beginning to get a glimpse into what exactly is out there with things like Hubble and other ways of peeking into deep space. Plus if you think our universe is incomprehensibly vast, consider the possibilities of other dimensions and what sort of life might live there. We have strong proof of life existing on Mars in the past. To say it exists somewhere else out there is not a big step.

As far as intelligent aliens traveling space in advanced technology and possibly coming to Earth? I'm a bit more skeptical. There is undeniably something going on in our skies, it can't be ignored when unexplainable lights are seen by thousands over some of our largest cities. UFOs are a taboo subject among airline pilots but there have been many officially documented sightings. Whether this is just some sort of mass psychological condition in the human psyche or real physical objects flying around, I don't think anyone can say for sure at this point.