Ufi

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by BudMania, Mar 1, 2008.

1. I have some Unidentified Flying Insects.. ;)

Wondering if anyone can help identify them..

I have had some minor problems in the past with fruit flies but these ain't them..

These appear similar in color, blackish or brownish but much smaller than other kinds of flies I have seen, They are about half the size of a fruit fly or less, so small that without looking very closely you can only see a small flying dot, like a piece of dust, small enough it would seem to be able to land on and walk through a window screen.

I have seen them hanging around in the garden all of a sudden and like to sit on the plants and pretty much anywhere else too. They are not nearly as fast or as alert as fruit flies..

Any ideas on IDing these?

Thanks,

BM

2. Gnats maybe?

3. They are fungus gnats, if u have a table check to see if you have little worms swimming around in the corners. Install and fan and keep those buggers out, they can quickely go out of control and become a real problem for your roots.

Cheers

4. If at all possible a clear image of one of these UFI's would help a lot. You say that you have had "fruit flies" in the past, are you sure those were not fungus gnats? Cause by the way you describe these current bugs it sounds like something totally different. Fungus gnats don't look like flying pieces of dust. They are much larger than that and I don't think they can walk through a door screen. Without a picture it's gonna be really hard to acurrately figure what kind of bug it is.

5. neem oil would would wonders on those down in your growing medium as well. since you can foilage spray neem, or feed directly to your plants