Ufc 69

Discussion in 'General' started by youngandstupid, Apr 8, 2007.

1. Bah everyone I cared to win lost crappily. Swick looked afraid almost the entire fight, Sanchez beat the Hell out of the air 5 inches in front of Koscheck's face, and St. Pierre decided head kicks were the only weapon he was going to use. At least when Hughes takes back the title St. Pierre will beat his ass again and maybe hold onto it longer than 0 fights.

2. Hughes was weak during the fight with GSP. Come on, why was he standing up with him and only tried to take him down like once or twice. Though, I'm really happy that GSP doesn't have the title. I love Serra, I watched TUF4 and became a Serra fan. I'd rather Hughes have the title than anyone. Nothing beats his elbows with his side guard. I really don't like GSP all that much though because he needs to grow some balls. That's about all he's missing from being a -real- champ. He's always so polite and nice about his opponents. I understand he wants to give the sport a good name. All he's lacking pretty much is that instinct to tear someone apart. Such as his first fight with Hughes, he looked up to him and was half afraid to even try to fight him. Judging from his fight with Serra though, I see him being like Sylvia and just playing it really careful afraid of losing the belt.

PS. The reason I said Hughes was weak I meant that he was trying to stand up and not being the Hughes we all knew and came to love. The one who would slam you on the ground and just beat you down.

3. Hughes did the same thing against Penn in the previous match and the same thing in the match before that. He has never knocked anyone out iwth his stand up. From what I've heard he really really wants to do just that and that's why he stood up against Penn (who he was very lucky to beat) and St. Pierre. The fact that he couldn't take down either of them was a combination of his wanting to KO them and the fact that Penn is a freak and St. Pierre has amazing take-down defense.

I don't want Hughes to have the belt (although he will after beating Serra, who didn't deserve a shot at the belt in the first place). He cried like a baby when Pierre told him "he wasn't impressed" after the Penn fight and he always thanks Jesus for winning a sport that is centered around violence. Meh, to each their own.

4. I was so happy when cocky bastard Sanchez lost, he looked like he didnt even know he was in a fight.
    What was up with Swick too? He looked scared like franklin when he fought silva only it was infront of his home crowd. very dissapointing
    On the other hand, GSP getting rocked like that was quite unexpected, but great. Ive hated that bastard ever since bj beat his ass then lost in a decision. takedowns get way too much credit.

5. I don't know if Hughes will be able to beat Serra in all honesty. Everyone just underrated Serra. Serra has WAY better stand up than Hughes. For his grappling and ground, Serra is right up there with Hughes. People just underestimate him, just wait and see. I can see him keeping that belt for at least a few fights. I love when Hughes has the belt, he makes the fights good. As for Serra, I can't wait for him to defend his title. I bet you he's keeping the belt for a bit. Look at him, he dominated GSP in stand up, and if it would of went to the ground. Serra would of dominated him there too.

6. I'll give you that Hughes may not beat him, considering Hughes had a rough time (supposedly I didn't watch it) in his last fight. But I think either GSP threw the fight, was too afraid of losing his belt and therefore Silvia'd, or I'm just dead wrong. In all honesty I think he pulled a Hughes when Hughes lost to Penn. So much the favored that he wasn't in the right mindset. He looked way to calm compared to the fights where he runs around and jumps everywhere right before the fight.