UCDWC Transplanting

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Clidefr0g, Sep 3, 2012.

1. I've been running a UCDWC system now for a while, and the only bug I can really find in my system is an efficient method of transplant into the system.

Im wondering what people do BEFORE they put their plants in the UCDWC system to get them started, do you just use clones with decently long roots out of a cloner?

Personally due to plant limitations, Ill be growing from seed (this also will give me fresh plants and the ability to try new kinds)

Anyway, Id like to make a plug for the UCDWC system, I built my own, and I just have a shitty airpump atm that is far far less than anything they suggest, I had some plants in 5" netpots that had.. some roots, not much probably 10 roots hanging down about 6". Because of a mental error and the current problem im getting information on, I decided the best method to continue for my current system was to put the 5" netpot, inside of the 6" tophat but the roots didnt exit the bottom because of a number of reasons. 1 week after transplanting, I had a root mass that was 8" long and a solid 6" in diameter (the size of the tophat) MASSIVE root growth, it is insane..

2. You can really do anything with it. You could even root clones in the system by running straight water through it.

I personally have a DWC bucket that I root my clones in. Once they've got a very few amount of roots, I throw them right into my system. From there, they'll root up and start growing. I've noticed that in 12/12 lighting, a rooted clone will get the root support it needs before it'll ever start to flower. Basically, a brand new rooted clone won't start flowering until a week or two of just growth.