UB's White Rhino grow in coco

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by UBsmoker, Apr 2, 2011.

1. #1 UBsmoker, Apr 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
    well i closed my old journal since i'm no longer doing SoG, and figured it was about time to start a new one for me to neglect:rolleyes::cool:

so the stats for this grow are as follows:

400 watt air-cooled HPS for flower
    20x36x50" tent
    150 watt CFL for veg

nutes:
    Botanicare CNS17 Bloom
    Botanicare Hydroplex
    Botanicare Cal-Mag
    Fox Farms Grow Big

Strains:
    Greenhouse Seeds White Rhino(fem)- 9 clones
    Sour Diesel (from a local grower, unknown breeder)- 2

and they're all in Sunshine Advanced Ultra Coir. its a myco-active blend of peat, coco coir, and perlite

White Rhinos- 11 days from cut, day 1 of veg
    0402011512.jpg

i plan on vegging these 2 or 3 weeks, then taking the best looking 5 and put them into flower

Sour Diesels- about 4 weeks from seed, day 2 of 12/12
    0402011510a.jpg

both Sour Diesels were topped when i switched them to 12/12

ive been pretty satisfied with the quality of the buds these past few runs, so this time around its all about trying to get slightly better yields. im switching it up to coco specific nutes for flowering, and ive seen and read a lot of good things about this CNS17. also the first time im going to be using a bloom booster, and im hoping its actually going to help:hello:

Attached Files:

2. I would subscribe dude...but I cant find it...what?:rolleyes:

3. you cant find what? the thread? cause i mean... you just posted in it. how stoned are you:laughing::p:bongin:

4. Oh damn thats so freaking funny, I think I just got a new sig. :laughing:

5. Where am I? :eek:

6. Looking good sig hunter.

7. #7 UBsmoker, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2011
    well i was checking the WR clones today and i confirmed my suspicions. they are all rooted and really starting to grow again.
    0403011929.jpg

id say 9/9 clones rooting within 10 days is pretty darn good:D

i topped the SD's when i flipped them to 12/12 on friday, and the new tops are starting to come in
    0403011931.jpg

fed them both 8ml/g CNS17 bloom, and 10ml/g Cal-Mag yesterday

:smoke:

Attached Files:

8. 9 for 9 UB?...Damn buddy...that ALMOST 100%:confused:what?;)

9. i couldnt tell you how many cuttings ive ever taken and how many rooted over all, but for this run yes, 100% success rate:hello:

10. Quote quagmire c3po "i think i'm having a freak out here. Just tell me I dont have to stay in this room"
    :D

11. just found this....good stuff already...

12. well the White Rhino clones are looking good so far, fed them yesterday with Cal-Mag at 350ppm, and grow big at 350ppm
    0406011406.jpg

the Sour Diesels are starting to stretch a bit, definitely seems like i have 2 different phenotypes here, one seems to be a bit more bushy, and the other has a lot more distance between nodes. fed them on monday, Cal-Mag at 300ppm, CNS17 at 400ppm, and 1 1/2 ml of hydroplex
    0406011257.jpg

the new tops are coming in nicely
    0406011258a.jpg

:wave::smoke:

Attached Files:

13. Lookin good I'm gonna follow this one doing some WR next grow

14. Subbed! :smoke: your plants look a lot like mine did a month ago...good luck, keep us updated!

15. #16 deacon, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2011
    can anybody direct me to pandoras box:confused_2:how the fuck did i get here:eek:plants look great..new medium and nutes both are interesting..if somebody nailed coco with 1 line...and cheaper...sweeet..seen good results so far...post updates in the den from time ta time;)funny they make their own cal/mag...i guess its official...coco has cal. issues

16. I think the grow shop I go to has the sunshine advanced coir mix, altho the guy who runs it convinced me the Roots Organics mix is just as good and it's a little cheaper, I'll be using it and some coco bricks mixed together in my big outdoor grow this summer, but I'm thinking of going to a good coco mix for my next indoor grow too, I'll have to look into those nutes made for coco growers, sounds like a great idea!

17. i run canna coir...great stuff...and their coco nute a plus b and rizo for roots..great nutes...a little pricey:smoke:also run fox farm..advanced etc:rolleyes:

18. I'm givving the sunshine advanced a try next...as soon as I finish up the 50# of mix #4...lol. It is supposed to be better ph nuetral than #4.

19. i actually got the bag for free as a sample, i wouldnt have paid for it otherwise. honestly, it seems to be working just as well as straight coco with about 30% perlite