Uber Stealth Bubbleponics CFL White Rhino

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Wh1te_Rh1no, Jun 7, 2009.

1. High Everyone! Welcome to my grow journal! My names Mia I'll be your thread director for the day. Heres the layout of my uber stealth setup:

Can you figure out where the system is hidden?

[​IMG]

Ta Da! It is completely light tight! The inside is lined with aluminum foil but the dull side so it won't create hot spots.

[​IMG]

Sorry I'm high while writing this so if I am freaking any of you out I must apologize.

My boyfriend and I just finished our last grow which turned out wonderfully and I thought that for our next grow we would show how we did it.

Our system is pretty complicated. We went to our local Home Depot and bought a 22" long 15" wide 1ft deep black toat, I drilled 6 3.75" holes into the top for the net pots. The toat is light tight so no algae will grow in the water. Then we went to Brew & Grow a wonderful little hydroponic store by us and bought:

2ft- 1/2" Irrigation Line
    1ft- 1/2" Soft Line
    1/2" T-Fitting
    10- Woodpecker Spouts (Flow at 2 Gal an hour)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lights:
    1- EarthBulb 150W equivalent 2,800 Lumens 5,000 Kelvins
    1- EarthBulb 150W equivalent 2,800 Lumens 2,700 Kelvins
    3- Feit Electric 100W equivalent 1,600 Lumens 6,500 Kelvins
    3- N:Vision 100W equivalent 1,600 Lumens 2,700 Kelvins

I have the veg lights in there right now and I have it on 24/7 just the veg period.

[​IMG]

Air:
    The 12" air stone is on 24/7 to oxygenate the water.

Watering:
    I have 5 gallons of reverse osmosis water in the toat.
    The watering system goes on every 5 1/2 hours for a 1/2 hour.
    No nutes for 2 weeks because it can be harmful to the young plants.
    I check my PH balance daily to maintain a 5.5 balance.
    The plants atmosphere is at a consistent 80 degrees while the waters temperature is at cooling 75 degrees.

So yea that's how our set up works! Now down to the good stuff:

We planted 4 Medical Grade White Rhino seeds on 05/25 at 8:30pm and just 2 days later we saw our first little sprout!

[​IMG]

Then JUST today within a couple of hours when we were out we came home to 2 completely popping out of the Rockwool! 1 is still hiding within but should be here soon. We labeled them so it would be easier to determine which one is which.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So yea! Stay tuned because it's only the beginning! I will be updating frequently! Any questions or comments would be most appreciated!

-Mia