Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Uber-mega-ultra-chocolate-covered noob question about grinders.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by spacedghost, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Ok, so I recently got my three piece grinder and have been using it for all my bud and my friend's bud. But I am still quite fresh in the toking biz and was curious about something - before grinding, is it still necessary to pick out the seeds and stems? Or is that part of the purpose of the grinder? I break up my bud before grinding because thats how I learned it from my comrades who are pretty experienced tokers, but I'm just curious if its unecessarily me rubbing off all the crystals and such on my fingers...:confused:

2. Pick off what you easily can, and let the grinder do the rest. You don't want to touch the bud with your fingers too much, but seeds and stems are brutal to smoke. They come apart quite easily in the grinder though.

3. So would it be better if I grinded, THEN picked out all the seeds and stems?

4. In the words of Frax, Pick off what you easily can, and let the grinder do the rest.

5. Seeds are generally pretty easy to pick out by hand. Big pieces of stem can be separated easily, so do what you can. Then do a quick pass with the grinder and then you can pick out the rest of the stem(s) before you finish grinding the bud to your desired consistency.

6. Alrighty. Thanks for the tips guys, sounds good.:smoke:

7. the seeds will get crushed up and that = headache. just pop out the seeds that you can see, headache is pretty much unavoidable with shwag anyways

8. It's better to get everything that you can out so you dont end up slicing the seeds or stems into a million pieces. :p

9. everyone here has got the right answer

get what you can out, then just grind that shit