U.S. serviceman who leaked info to Wikileaks nominated for Nobel Peace Prize

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Swills, Mar 1, 2012.

1. #1 Swills, Mar 1, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2012
    [​IMG]

Now lets be honest, Bradley Manning did break the law while holding a clearance, so if you hold a clearance (Top Secret, Secret, hell even Confidential) and you leak info you were trusted with, no matter what the subject matter, you will be tried and imprisoned. That's just the way it is. That said, I'm excited to say that Bradley Manning is being awarded the Nobel Peace Prize! Obama received this very award but what peace has he brought? In fact, there have been more US military drone missions done under Obama than Bush, and that's sayin a lot! So its good to see this award go to Bradley Manning and not a fraud like Obama.

U.S. serviceman who leaked info to Wikileaks nominated for Nobel Peace Prize | Technology News Blog - Yahoo! News

2. When Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize, I stopped giving a shit about it.

Its like Nero(Roman Emperor) winning that poetry contest even tho his poems were terrible. Shit is a sham nowadays.

Cool that he got nominated, but since he did something important, he wont win.

3. Yeah I hear that, Obama being award the prize didn't win anyone over, and Manning prolly won't win but at least a shit load of people wanted to see him nominated and they accomplished just that.

4. #4 NasaJoe, Mar 1, 2012
    Between the Obama administration using the espionage act to go after journalists at home, and the 19 members of prominent media to now join the Obama administration.. if they succeed in prosecuting Julian Assange, free journalism will officially be dead.

In regards to Manning, he's a hero with more balls than anyone here so haters better recognize. As that famous dude Jesus said, the truth will set you free..

5. haha yeah so you guys think its just fine to release classified information that directly compromises the lives of people in our armed forces...?

Everyone talks about "sheeple" blah blah blah oh yeah the government has the masses in their grip. Well shit, it sure as hell seems like people are gobbling up whatever the fuck wikileaks or julian assange says...a bunch of fucking hypocrites I'd say.

6. #6 ProvidencePlant, Mar 1, 2012
    "Truth is treason in the Empire of Lies" -Orwell

And people gobble up wht the dude says, because most of the time it's CLASSIFIED US documents... Why the fuck would he risk his reputation, and jail time for leaking fake shit. It makes absolutely no sense.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0[/ame]

We would have never known about this if it wasn't for Wikileaks. What they do is illegal, but it is definitely moral.

7. Yeah what I meant was that hes saying its fine that hes releasing classified US documents that directly compromise soldiers/peoples lives, apparently whatever this guy says goes..

I can't stand this thing, it either has to be wayyy wayy the fuck off of one end or wayy wayy the fuck off the other.. Why can't anyone look at things from both sides and put together a logical gameplan/opinion.

8. Kind of difficult to look at things from both sides and form a logical opinion when the government lies about what really happens and then classifies any piece of information that would lead us to any truth. By your logic shouldn't you be happy someone is trying to let us look at both side, like you want?

9. Are you of the impression that he compromised anyone's life worse than the US government is using the military to compromise all of our lives?

How exactly did he compromise any soldiers lives?

10. Any deaths that result from Manning's releases are the responsibility of those who commited the crimes he revealed. Don't shoot the messenger. I would rather the truth be known and some Americans dead than the truth hidden and all the American soldiers safely at home. That might sound harsh but things like this determine the way the Iraq war will appear in the history books of the future. I think an honest assessement for future generations of what the Iraq war was is worth some deaths, especially if those deaths are on the perpetrating side.

11. read Blowback : Chalmers Johnson

12. Yeah, but the troops actually off in different countries, fighting in illegal wars, burning Korans, causing hatred which leads to more and more people to join Terrorist causes/groups, etc.

All of that doesn't compromise any Soldier/Person's safety or life at all. No sir.:rolleyes:

13. Truth...

The dumb drones that the US sends off on crusades put more US lives at risk than the brave and courageous Bradley Manning ever could.

People hate and despise the US military because of their actions and behavior.

14. Hundreds of people are nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize every year-simply being nominated is meaningless.

15. #15 Swills, Mar 1, 2012
    ^ talk about a negative Nancy! Out of the 7ish billion people to choose from, yes only a few hundred people are nominated and even fewer win the Nobel Peace Prize. It's a high honor to be nominated...

But at the end of the day, I guess just like everything else its all about bullshit politics and can be easily watered down.

16. #16 SouthrnSmoke, Mar 1, 2012
  17. My point was, anyone can nominate anyone in the same way anyone can write-in anyone on the presidential ballot. You also said in the original post that Manning is being awarded the NPP—being nominated ≠ winning.

18. Here's how it works

Nobel Peace Prize - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Bradley Manning: 2012 Nobel Peace Prize Nomination

19. Why would anyone want to be a part of this?
    Referring to the individuals killing people like its a fucking video game