U.S. Propaganda and Patriotism

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by iAmBetty, Jun 16, 2016.

1. I've been thinking a lot more about this lately.. To what extent does the United States use propaganda internally and throughout the world? How often, if ever, are government figures, military or otherwise, evaluated by independent organizations? For example, are there differences between what US history books teach and what commonly taught elsewhere? Does the US even need to use extreme propaganda to the level of, say, Russia? Or is instilling patriotic fervor at a young age enough to have citizens blindly accepting everything the government says or does.?

I've noticed how often US media often calls out Russia and pretty much everyone else for false (" ") claimes, but the US government gets a pass even though a little light research will show anyone the shady shit the US is involved with.

Going back to the Ukraine conflict, it seemed clear to everyone else that Russia was covertly sending in soldier "volunteers" to fight alongside rebels.. and how dead soldiers would be returned home with little or no explanation to their parents.. Russian media regularly reported crazy exaggerations of their military operations in syria..

I see all this and I think, surely the U.S. does this to some extent.. but how so? Freedom of the press makes it pretty hard to straight up bullshit numbers, at least for events directly in the US.. But surely they make good use of patriotic fervor ? Do they directly influence this, or just benefit from it?

kinda bored, just interested in peoples opinions on the subject :bongin:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Living the dream Bro! the dream keeps it alive!

3. If you have to ask just how much propaganda we are fed on a constant basis, you're not gonna like the answer.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes, it starts at a young age where we dont need as much propaganda, but there still is a ton of it in the news. The gov. Decides whats "reported" about them and what not. For example, russia is actually doing a lot more to combat isis than what we are doing there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  5. It's called the federal department of education.

6. How so when they don't actually set any of the curriculum?

:smoke:

7. The website of the US department of education claims that it's role in education has grown.

8. OK to what?
    :smoke:

9. I admit I made a claim without backing. But I'm not putting effort into a post about it. There are things about school that create an unquestioning America loving person. Maybe the state level curriculum is also to blame I don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  10. How were you educated?

11. #11 TheSuperApe, Jun 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    Montessori preschool 2 years
    Public school thru 4th
    Home schooled 5th.
    Public school thru 9
    Colliegate program 10th
    Dual enrolled college student 11th
    Got kicked out in 12th.

Self taught though, I never paid attention in school.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Propaganda is everywhere.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Honestly the first clink in the government's armor is their lie about cannabis. How could they say that cannabis has no medical benefits then turn around and give people 300 fucking joints a month for fucking medical benefits.

Racism is another lie meant to make the poor whites feel as if they have power while the people who they elect are the one's pulling the strings, the poor racist whites are pawns. The funny thing is race doesn't really exist.

It just something to distract. While we argue about the lies, the government gets away with more bullshit. This is why a two party system is perfect for the government, it's a two headed dragon, a devil with a fork tongue.

They just point out the failures of other governments to say "HEY! we're not the bad guy, THEY are the bad guy, look how bad it is over there, you should be grateful your here." It's fucking gross. North Korea says the same thing but about us...

• Like Like x 1
  14. I saw far too much flag worship today to belive that the US does not implement elements of propaganda.

15. This song spells it all out, all facts.