U.S. drug czar calls for end to "war on drugs" finally?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by jack oats, Jun 12, 2009.

1. Hey GC. Thought I'd share a news article that will interest us. Discuss.

U.S. drug czar calls for end to war on drugs | Special Coverage | Reuters

2. Yeah, okay.

That's like calling an end to his job. He doesn't actually mean it.

3. Still sounds pretty useless to me.

4. I love the part where Kerlikowske says that Obama won't even discuss legalization.

5. #5 Old Stoner GTO, Jun 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2009
    "Rhetoric" is the key word here. All the damn SOB's are going to do is change the RHETORIC. They'll change the War on Drugs to "Keep America Safe - Stay Off Drugs" or some crap like that, that's all.

Another thing I found sad, but funny, is the article stated they will "stop the FBI" from raiding MMJ dispensaries. The FBI?

They must've merged with the DEA, LOL...

And by the way, the MMJ dispensaries are STILL being raided. So much for the pre-election "rhetoric."

Lying SOB's...:(:mad::(

6. obama is a fucker

7. Obama cares much more about what people are going to read about him in history books than what citizens today feel about him. Pretty sad but thats how it goes.

8. obama is a fucking liar, but hes black and thats one of the things that got him elected (no offense to my black brothers im not racist) but when the reporters asked black voters why they voted for obama less than 20% of them had a valid reason...oh and he promised to legalize bud. We should have gone with the old vietnam vet with the beer baroness drifting granny

9. well obama told in a interview that he relizes the problem with weed in america, he understands that america wants it legal and regulated. but as of right now he has plenty of other things to think about. North korea.iraq,stockmarket,, but when those things settle down in the next couple years i believe obama will start to work on the problem :D

10. Wow, there are STILL people out there who've been "hoodwinked" by Obamamania, LOL... :eek:

Obama has stated, most vehemently, I might add, that he has NO INTEREST in the legalization of weed.

Hoodwinked again!

Vote LIBERTARIAN next time. Research 'em, THEY are what we need!

11. no he won't

this is the best time to fight for legalization
    with shitty economy they might actually listen to us.