u-perc vs. dome/tree perc

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by jafar, May 30, 2010.

1. what up gc?

i've been looking into getting a new bong recently and i've decided on the glass brand hi-si. these guys make some pretty sick ass scientific glass and they have this special perc called the u-perc. apparently it works like an upside down perc and cools the smoke down quite a bit but it adds some drag. so my question is go with the u-perc or go with another kind of perc from the company. owners of u-percs would be cool to hear from, but y'all should just check out this vid and give me your .02$.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3bI9apZtIo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Hi-Si Single U Perc Bong Review[/ame]

Thanks,
    Jafar

2. to be honest i dont even see how that perc is filtering anyhting. looks like an upside down splashguard. IMO dont go with some unique and cool...go with circ or tree percs

3. dont do it! i tried one @age tradeshow in the vip room, it had so much drag i couldnt even get a hit out of it. I thought someone was playing a trick on me.

4. really man? thats odd. i hear people swear it's the best thing since sliced bread and then others says its terrible. i could see it adding drag i just wonder whether the clean hit u would get off of it would be worth the drag.

5. open-ended tree percs would give you the least amount of drag.

6. Upercs are CHEAP, and craggy and most good quality tubes won't have them.
    And you can't just group trees and domes together, because trees are superior to domes.

Get like at LEAST a 5 arm tree perc. Tree percs are the best now, other strange types are old school technology dude LOL

7. I dont know about that NYC I know alot of heads that prefer circ's to tree's these days.

8. circs are the best, hands down

9. The OP didn't mention anything besides, domes, trees, and Us.

There are other percs I know, but as far as I know those weren't mentioned here before you said anything.

10. I think of it like:
    bazillion tree > Inline > Circ > 6 tree > good dome > 4-5 tree > U > china's/1-3 tree
    Inline and Circ can be interchangable depending on the size of both.

11. bazillion tree?

12. i got a shower head perc , it works pretty well

13. See the Liesure appreciation thread

14. thoughts on showerhead percs?