Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

u got to be an age to buy a scale?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by tehpurplepills, Dec 10, 2009.

1. this is just a thought but me and my freind were argueing and he said you didnt even have to be 18 to buy a scale from a headshop because its not tobacco paraphanelia so theres nothing illegal about it for minors, so now that i think about it it makes sense right?

so im askin wut do you think about it

2. Why does it matter? Are you 16 or something?

3. There's no age restriction on scales. You can just get one online anyway.

4. no im 19 and i think he is too but i want to know whos right

5. you THINK he is? your friend...... okay no.

6. I bought my first pocket scale when i was 16, so I wouldn't see any problem with you...err.. your friend/cousin/dog buying one.

Now, let the ban hammer fall...

7. Not necessarily. I tried to buy a scale when I was 17 in a tobacco shop and they wouldn't let me buy it. I wasn't trying to buy a pipe with it, or any tobacco, just the scale. He took my idea and compared it to the current date and said no. Could have been personal preference though idk.

8. usually you have to be 18 just to enter a shop, but that just might be the shops in my area

9. i already have a scale haha and no i dont know for sure how old my freind is, i dont even know how old my mom is for real i cant remember that stuff

10. If thats the case, you really shouldn't be smoking. Take a break and let your mind collect itself.

11. Every headshop I've ever been into cards you when you first walk in, sometimes they will also card you at the register just to be safe. They will not let you in just to buy one thing that may or may not be considered something used for "tobacco".

Also, a scale that is used for this purpose is most definitely considered paraphernalia.

12. ^^ What if I just want to weight out my pebble collection? What is a man to do then? :bongin: :p

13. dont gimme that shit man, im sorry my minds not as good as yours and ill admit that, ive never been able to remember this kind of stuff since i could remember lol and thats way before i started smoking

14. Not really. I have a scale (that I use for weighing my shit out to see how much I have, not for selling), and it has trays that you put on top of the scale so it keeps the scale clean. If, hypothetically, I got my place searched and they found the scale without the trays (assuming I have nothing else on me), they can't do anything if you have an excuse as to why you have it. If they found the trays, then it'd be a different story. But a clean scale, just like a clean bowl/pipe/bong, is not paraphernalia until it has weed residue on it.

15. If it's found anywhere NEAR the vicinity of a drug and/or drug paraphernalia it can easily be considered drug paraphernalia. In fact, it's enough for them to consider drug distribution charges (not always the case).

However, that is all an "If I get busted" scenario. We aren't talking about that. I was merely pointing out that a scale CAN, most definitely, be considered paraphernalia under the right circumstances.

16. I'm not giving you shit, but if you can't remember your friend's or your own mother's age, then you should seriously re-evaluate whether or not smoking cannabis is the right choice for you. Even if you had a bad memory before, I'm sure it doesn't help.

17. this kid is a minor...if hes asking how old you have to be to buy a scale....and then he lies and says he doesnt know his friends age saying i THINK hes 19 come on guys common sense. hes minor.

18. just go to canadian tire and get a pocket scale...
    [​IMG]there it is :D i googled it for you just incase you forgot the website

19. You have to be 18 to be on this site.

20. You can buys scales all over the place, I got mine at a hardware store for about $5.