Tyson vs Kimbo

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by HighAgain, Jul 6, 2008.

1. I heard that Kimbo Slice will be fighting Tyson in an octagon, and that they have been talking shit about each other. Gotta be a rumor though..

2. Tyson, even with a head full of coke, would destroy him still.

Not even a match. IMHO.

3. I keep hearing how people wish Tyson in his prime would have been doing MMA and would destroy people. Well Tyson could have gotten into MMA numerous times if he wanted to. Everyone forgets that MMA has a different element the ground game. It is Boxing or Muay Thai when standing but when it goes to the ground being the best boxer in the world means nothing. Also how many times do you think Tyson has fought with MMA gloves on? Huge difference when getting hit wearing MMA gloves VS. Boxing gloves. I think Rampage Jackson summed it up great last night saying..."When you step into the octagon it's a 50/50 chance you are going to get your ass whooped." IMO I think Tyson has a much better chance getting taken out than Kimbo. Just look at the Mercer Vs. Kimbo fight.

4. Mercer isn't Tyson.

1985-1989 Mike Tyson would of taken anyone. Ever. The kid was just a beast. I fully respect Kimbo and his "accomplishments". But remember, when Kimbo was knocking dudes on the street out. Tyson would of went to jail for manslaughter in the same predictament.

Says something doesn't it.

5. Kimbo would whoop his ass no problem, even tyson in his prime. A fight id like to see is kimbo vs brock lesnar. He didnt do well in his first ufc fight but i think he could really beat on some of these guys.

6. Put the crackpipe down.

Kimbo would have no chance against young Mike Tyson. No one has ever made the impact that he made on boxing at that time. People were reluctant to fight the kid. He didn't get knocked down until 5 years into his professional career.

7. My votes with Kimbo. I've shook his hand before.

8. I like the crackpipe remark but no. Boxing is like little league compared to mma. End of story.

9. You've got to be fucking kidding me. Mike Tyson in his prime, was unstoppable. He was the strongest, quickest, and craziest motherfucker around. Kimbo got his ass beat by a mick cop from Boston. I'm sorry, but that dudes a joke compared to Tyson.

10. I agree tyson was knocking out grown men when he was 18 years old, he had ridiculous knockout power.. MotorHead imagine how many street fights Tyson has been in, guarantee the small 5 ounce MMA gloves wouldnt matter when it came too him, if anything im sure it would add to his punching power.. i havent heard about Tyson vs. Kimbo slice but if it did happen itd be a hell of a fight..

11. if your referring to that white guy that beat his ass, i agree he doesnt have half the punching power of Tyson..

12. my cousin says tysons a pussy and it was hardly a fight for him i mean i dont know about hardly a fight bt he still won so id say kimbo could take him

13. i wouldnt refer to boxing as little league, imagine how many punches boxers to take 2 the head everysingle fight.. i have alot of respect for boxers but also a TON of respect for mixed martial artist.. yeah MMA fighters have a ton more of things too worry about they can be submitted, knockouted, cut open with elbows, etc.. i see it more as boxing has its fans and MMA has its.. i enjoy both though..

14. yeah tyson is the biggest pussy in the world i mean just look at him, huge tribal tattoo on his face hes knocked out some of boxings best in his reign of terror.. get real bro. tell your cousin to go and punch tyson or kimbo as hard as he can, guarantee neither flinch and your cousin gets his face rearranged haha

15. \

my cousin beat tyson in a fight ever heard of kevin mcbride?

16. The 6'8" McBride debuted in December 1992, with a victory against Gary Charlton. In 1997, he defeated Paul Douglas to win the All-Ireland Heavyweight Title, and in 2002 he defeated Craig Tomlinson to add the IBC Americas Heavyweight Title. McBride currently resides in the heavily Irish neighborhood of Dorchester in Boston and trains in near-by Brockton, Massachusetts.[1]

McBride's greatest success to date came with a victory over a past-his-prime, 38-year old Mike Tyson, who was once world heavyweight champion, via a 7th-round TKO on June 11, 2005 in the MCI Center in Washington, D.C.[2]

McBride has suffered six losses by knockout — including twice against fighters with losing records. Since the Tyson fight, he has beaten the low-ranked Byron Polley and suffered an upset against Mike Mollo in a second round knockout. McBride then fought Andrew Golota on October 6, 2007 and lost in the sixth round placing his career in doubt.

17. you dont need to tell me hes my cousin im just saying after talking to him about the fight i think kimbo could take tyson

18. ive never heard of that guy thats why i wrote that, your cousin is like 2 1/2 feet taller, has the reach advantage.. i personally dont believe he wouldve won that fight without it.. my opinion.. he leaned on tyson half the fight with his 270 pound frame thatd wear anyone out.. tyson QUIT for some reason

19. he quit cause he couldnt take it lol