Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Types of Weed versus Strains and their relation to your Dealer

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by kaieousness, Nov 15, 2011.

1. New here, so don't mind if I sound super stupid.

I'm having a hard time really... grasping the different kinds of marijuana. Mostly I've trusted my friends' hookups, as I haven't gone to the dealer myself yet, and they've always brought me decent stuff.

I need a crash course. I hear names of things all the time and never know what they mean? Kush, Indica, Purp... I feel like those kind of things all fall into different categories? How are they classified, and how do I know what's what?

And what should be charged for what (relatively)? I don't want to meet the dealer and be all "What is that? What's that mean?" How can I eyeball amounts, too? I'm really afraid of getting ripped off.

2. #2 S0UR, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2011
    [quote name='"kaieousness"']New here, so don't mind if I sound super stupid.

I'm having a hard time really... grasping the different kinds of marijuana. Mostly I've trusted my friends' hookups, as I haven't gone to the dealer myself yet, and they've always brought me decent stuff.

I need a crash course. I hear names of things all the time and never know what they mean? Kush, Indica, Purp... I feel like those kind of things all fall into different categories? How are they classified, and how do I know what's what?

And what should be charged for what (relatively)? I don't want to meet the dealer and be all "What is that? What's that mean?" How can I eyeball amounts, too? I'm really afraid of getting ripped off.[/quote]

Don't. If you're going to buy weed, you're going to need to purchase a scale first. It's a must. Without one, you could be getting ripped everytime and think you're getting hooked up. All weed has different densities and not owning a scale is almost a guarantee you will be ripped off. Spend the $25, it's not much and will pay for itself the first time you buy a bag.

There's 2 different types of highs.
    Sativa - Head high
    Indica - Body high
    Hybrid - Mixture of both

Purp - Purple. Just means it's purple. Doesn't make it better than normal looking weed.

Kush - An actual strain that gets misused as a slang term for good weed.

Considering the weed you're buying is dank, (very high quality, smells strong, tastes great, mind blowing highs) the MAX prices you should pay are:

Eighth/3.5 grams - $50-60
    Quarter/7 grams - $100-120
    Half ounce/14 grams - $180-200
    Ounce/28 grams - $350-400

3. [quote name='"kaieousness"']New here, so don't mind if I sound super stupid.

And what should be charged for what (relatively)? I don't want to meet the dealer and be all "What is that? What's that mean?" How can I eyeball amounts, too? I'm really afraid of getting ripped off.[/quote]

Here ya go...

Indica is a more of a body stone, couchlock high with tiredness included.

Sativa will be more for daytime with a cerebral high in the head, energetic and uppity.

Kush is a group of strains that originated in the Hindu Kush mountains in the middle east. They are mostly Indica with a few exceptions like Og Kush. Purp most likely is just a common name for purple buds unless its Grand Daddy Purp or Purple Urkle.

Prices should be the same all the way around for good quality dank. No more than 55-60$ an eighth (which is high!).

Eyeballing is mad hard. Your best bet is to get a digital scale, which are relatively cheap.

Hope I was of some help, bro!

Edit:: sour and i basically said the same thing!!

4. Okay, I could def invest in a scale, is there a big difference in how accurate they are, dyou think? Is it worth it to spring for better?

So the only things I really need to know are sativa, indica and hybrid, because that'll affect my high, right?

Thank you, btw.

5. [quote name='"kaieousness"']Okay, I could def invest in a scale, is there a big difference in how accurate they are, dyou think? Is it worth it to spring for better?

So the only things I really need to know are sativa, indica and hybrid, because that'll affect my high, right?

Thank you, btw.[/quote]

Any scale accurate to the tenth of a gram will do. Check out your local head shop, look in the 25-40$ range and you'll be golden.

Just remember sativa is your head high, indica is your body high and hybrid would be a mix obviously.

Good times bro, smoke on!!

Not a problem at all, always glad to help.

6. Fyeah, Amazon Prime here I come! Feelin confident. Smoke on INDEED