Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

types of marijuana?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by adamjj, Aug 20, 2010.

1. so i have been smoking for about 4-5 years now and the only 2 marijuana types i've ever heard of are indica and sativa. recently i have been learning about growing and am in my first grow process right now (only 1 week into veg). but as i have been looking up more about growing and just pot in general i have have heard of a type called runderalis. now for what i understand indica is more of a stoney body high and sativa is more of the head rush high. so what i am wondering is what is the runderalis type like, are there any other types of pot, and what strains of marijuana have the runderalis type in them? i know its kind of a "noob" question but thats what these forums are here for is to ask questions and learn so any imformation would be greatly appreciated.

thank you,
    adamjj

2. It's Cannabis Ruderalis your thinking of.

Cannabis Ruderalis is actually a sub-species of Cannabis Sativa.
    Ruderalis is highly uncommon because pure Ruderalis is without THC.

I hope I helped. :)

3. Cannabis Ruderalis is a short plant that has very low levels of THC but it is an auto-flowering variety. There are plant breeders who cross Ruderalis with either Sativa or Indica strains so as to maintain its convenient size and auto-flowering qualities while enjoying the higher THC levels of the strains it gets crossed with.

4. It is also very hardy.

5. its also very hardy

6. What kind of high do you want?

I've tried a couple different varieties that I am sure of because I controlled the grow.

I love Jack Herer. It's an up-beat, cerebral high, great for getting things done, being very exact, and solving problems. Not "goofy" or stupid. Boy, I can clean things spotlessly on that! I can be with other people and they don't know I'm under the influence, when I use Jack. It's Sativa dominant, so anxiety isn't a problem.

I've tried a couple of Indica's; Blue dream, Madness and most recently, Northern Lights. In general, I have not like them; they make me stupid, hungry, lethargic and a little panicky. The Northern Lights is a bit different from other Indica-dominants; not so much anxiety, lot's of happy feelings, not stupid (so much) or silly. Just very relaxed, peaceful and pain-free.

Read as many strain reviews as you can. Look at characteristics like time to harvest, ease of growing, smell, etc., before you decide. Then buy Feminized seeds. Use CFL's (cheap) and don't over-water (most common error with noobs).

Good luck. Let us know what you decide on.

7. runderalis are cannabis plants that are left to grow wild in temperate or cold places. The results of this adjustment they produce very little THC and dont grow very tall, but they are strong, resilient to insects, they grow and flower quickly, they do not require special light cycles.

When this type is cross bred with high THC strains it creates the best of both worlds with sacrifices from both ends. These hybrids are called "auto flowering" or "auto strains". The name comes from the lack of light and nutrient changes needed for normal strains to flower. They also grow very quick as some can grow from seeds to harvest in 90 days. They are also 'stuby' or short so you can have more healthy plants in a confined space.

The down side to auto flowering strains are: they produce less Potent bud then there original strain, you can't mother and clone; so you have to buy seeds after every harvest(raises suspiscion) or reproduce your plants but then you sacrafise alot of potentcy. Since you can't clone, your stash must last you 90+ days, which is difficult due to the lower THC levels.

Auto flowering is good for a few occasions. Your new and it's good to learn with a hardy plant, and due to the quick grow cycle you can recover from a botched crop. Which is helpful for those who grow outside. It is also great for those who don't have enough space to have separated areas for mother and clones.

Many people on this sight will tell you to stick to the normal strains. As the wait is worth the potency difference.

8. Ruderalis is autoflowering, but has hardly any THC on its own, so it's crossed with other strains of bud to make it more potent/higher yielding. Although it still won't be as potent or high yielding as a regular sativa/indica hybrid, it is easier for beginning growers to grow as they won't have to mess with light schedules.