Type 1 Society.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by McGlovin, Jan 26, 2012.

1. I don't think so.

2. Is stud player a euphemism for douchebag who has nothing valuable to add to a thread?

3. I fucking LLLOOOOVVEEE this japanese guy!! :D I totally agree with what he's saying, and what he's saying is very interesting. if you think about it, it's quite scary living in the transition from type 0 to a type 1 society, I saw Ghost in the Shell the other day, and the cities in there didn't really impress, in the way that, I wouldn't want to live in a huge bustling, filthy, and polluted city with millions and millions of people. But in about 10 ~ 20+ years, when I'm at that stage of my life, I probably have an 85%+ chance that I WILL have to live in a place like that. Which kinda sucks.

But I'm not even sure if we'll even reach any further than that... as the guy said, we don't say many type 1 + civilisations because they killed themselves off at type 0. And tbh, it's looking like atm, that we'll end up killing ourselves off before reaching a type 1. I just hope by the time we have a nuclear war, or an irreversible greenhouse effect, I'll be rich enough to watch the world burn from a high mountain top hideaway!

4. he's such an adorable little man, i read his book (physics of the impossible) in the summer, pretty cool stuff, but its not hard to write a book about stuff that will not come to fruition for many thousands of years