Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Type 1 diabetes and smoking cannabis

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Jaimster10, Dec 20, 2016.

1. I have type 1 diabetes, and I have a concern about smoking cannabis. I am not concerned about consuming edibles, but what I am concerned about is the actual smoking component of cannabis. Is smoking cannabis bad for circulation to the extremeties for a diabetic. I feeling that smoking cannabis has many benefits, and I enjoy smoking cannabis with others. This is why I'm asking this because I want to continue being able to smoke with others, as I enjoy the whole experience of smoking with another person/people. I enjoy the social component. That being said I feel that the smoking aspect of cannabis negative implications on circulation for a diabetic. That being said I'm confused because I have heard that cannabis increases your circulation, so I am not sure how smoking cannabis would decrease circulation. I heard this through discovery channel and a friend of mine who is a doctor who agreed with my decision on using cannabis, but advised me to use a vaporizer. I'm thinking of just using edibles and only smoking in social situations. I also smoke with my girlfriend because I have found it as a good way to bond with her. I noticed the same thing with friends. For some reason when I take a hit from the same joint as another person a bond is created. So I'm hoping that the studies I read are somewhat exaggerated when it comes to smoking cannabis. If anyone could lead me in the right direction with good, reputable articles I would appreciate it.

Take care,
    JI

2. #2 Slick21, Dec 20, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
    No articles. Personal experience. As long as you have access to sugar..... and blood-check on the hour, get as ripped as you wish. The vape thing is just because they think you will use tobacco, and maybe forget your condition.
    Fuck that. As long as you don`t pass out, forget your blood sugar, and make sure to have sugar close by (alongside your insulin) act as you would going out and getting blind drunk.
    Remember the precautions as is normal.
    Forget about the circulation shit. That`s piss-pot crap.

Happy to help. x

3. idk anything about circulation but my dad's a pretty heavy diabetic and he smokes pretty constantly without problems i honestly doubt any change in circulation would be significant.