Tying down - Tall plant

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by XFactor69, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Good afternoon,

I have a Chcolope plant that is about 58" tall...It has been flowering about 3 weeks and has flowers and small buds on all braches with the lower ones obviously smaller. I have a total of 6 4' 40 watts 3400 lumen flurescent tubes with 2 tubes being placed vertically beside the plant...2 questions...1. Is it okay to tie down the top at this point (any tying tips appreciated) 2. Is the vertically placed light a good idea and should I get more?

Thanks for your time...

Ohhh and pics attached.

The XFactor.:eek:

2. You can tie them down but be careful you dont sanp the branch or break it at the node.

I did this the first time i tried it and it takes the branch about a week to repair.

If its not a total break the plants have a canny way of repairing themselves. A splint can help.

3. Thanks Ulrich...What should I expect to see when I tie the branch down as far as new growth and growth of the original cola that is forming? Would a regular tie from lets say a trash bag work?

4. A what bag? A rubbish bag!?!

I would suggest something with a slightly larger surfce area to reduce strees at one point.

New groth will come from the lower nodes as more light will reach them.

5. Agreed...Thanks for your help.