Two things

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by DutchX8, Oct 11, 2008.

1. 1. Can someone give me the straight facts on acid? I've heard that it's great and not harmless at all, and i've also heard that it turns your brain to mush and you will think you're a glass of orange juice (yeah, I know that story is fake). I've read on here about the good effects, but what are the dangers?

2. DXM... I think it's called that. The dream-inducing substance... how does it differ from LSD/shrooms?

3. What's the difference (in effect) between shrooms and LSD?

Note to moderators: I did read the rules for Pandora's Box, but I didn't really understand them, they were pretty vague, so if I am breaking the rules here, please let me know and feel free to delete this thread. I just didn't know where else to ask these questions.

2. You would mean DMT. I don't have enough information myself. erowid would work great. But I DO have experience with shrooms and acid.

I'm still feeling great IMO.

But I wish I had studied it more before I endulged.

3. Ok I read up on DMT at erowid and the way they describe it, it sounds exactly like salvia. Is DMT an active ingredient in salvia?

4. No, salvia is garbage. DMT can be more intense than any acid or shrooms trip, they generally don't last as long. Unless of course you keep smoking it.. And to my knowledge there aren't that many 'straight facts' on acid about what it really does to your brain, but if you do any psychadelic enough constantly itll turn your brain to mush i'm sure, but no harm will come with mature use. The answers you seek can be found on erowid too. Shrooms are natural, LSD is a man-made. The trips from acid are more visual, and generally can be more frightening than a bad shroom trip, but don't get me wrong shrooms are nothing to mess around with. Id reccomend before doing either one, make sure your in a comfortable place with a good mindset around people your comfortable with, that won't mind you if you don't make any sense whatsoever(assuming they're not tripping too).

5. #5 joe Biggs, Oct 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2008
    1. the chemical is find in moderation. although it can leave you with a new realization on life and thus depression or happiness. like any significant event, an acid trip can leave you with post-traumatic depression, or post-traumatic euphoria.

2. DXM, is another psychedelic substane. its found in cough medicine. no the dream substance is DMT, there was recently a thread made about it (link). read that for all DMT info. DMT is like salvia in its a short very visual trip (20 minutes). but its different in its more spiritual, more soothing, more self reflective, ect.

3. mushrooms and lsd are very similar. every person sees/feels it different so theres no real firm answer. you really got to experience it for yourself to get a proper understanding.

4. perfectly within forum rules.

wrong. LSD is naturally produced in the ergot fungus that grows on rye bread. it just needs to be properly synthesized into LSD extract.

no, the active ingredient in Salvia Divinorum, is Salvinorin A

6. well to be of any use, it needs man's involvemnet, same way with DMT..but i guess you caught me on that one

7. ingest any substance is unnatural. natural exist without involvement of humankind. so only thing thats truely natural is our body's. yet anything we do with them is unnatural. tho this is a philosophical debate. here check my thread.

and yes talking DMT and thus a DMT trip is unnatural. but the chemical is not, because it grows in nature. just like LSD. and Psilocybin.

8. #8 The Great Decay, Oct 12, 2008
    I disagree that anything we do with them is unnatural, is it unnatural to walk? I would think not, is it natural to hunt for food? Yes, is it natural to go to the store to get food? no. If anything we do involves anything to do with something that was manmade, it become unnatural, but we as living beings have the right to kill animals for food, so if we kill them all, of course killing them with something thats natural, does it make it unnatural? No, because its natural for us as humans to need food to survive. So if we kill out an entire species, would you deem that unnatural? I wouldn't, because we're natural, and its natural to need to eat, and the by product of that is killing off that species. When we grow our own food, it is unnatural, if we pick food in the wild to eat, it is natural though. but really i think your looking to far into "natural". It's not like natural stuff is more safe than manmade stuff, to our 'natural' bodies.

9. i never said natural meant good.
    but im not looking to far into it.

mushrooms are natural. LSD is natural. DMT, Salvia. all natural.
    but a drug trip. unnatural.
    you are fimilar with the term "altered state of mind".
    altered from what you might ask. from your natural mind.
    thus drug intoxication is unnatural, while the drug (substance) itself is natural.

edit: fuck, i am spending way to much time in this thread. i better get some rep or a contest vote out of this or something. :p.

10. I disagree, if it needs to go through a process to be used by man(needing man-made stuff to become useful), then its unnatural, but going out an eating natural psybocilin is natural.
    Smoking weed, unnatural. eating(not cooking) enough of the plant cannabis sativa to get high, natural..even if you need to eat a ridiculous amount

11. yes young lad, but arent humans themselves natural?

bees make honey, so do we consider that unnatural?

:cool:

12. we are natural, but some things we do are natural, and some aren't. Animals do whatever they need to, to survive. Always using natural things to accomplish that.. Humans don't. They can, but they don't.
    If you use anything thats been manmade to survive, then your unnatural.

13. I guess I just always viewed shrooms to be more "natural" because you could literally just pick them out of the ground and eat them and get a trip, whereas LSD you have to add chemicals (i think, but I am a self-confessed noob when it comes to LSD) and do all sorts of shit to it in order to get acid in its ingestible form. On the same note, would shrooms not turn your brain to mush if you did them too may times, as acid would?

I've also heard (from an unreliable source) that acid is safer than shrooms because the high you get from shrooms is because the mushrooms are poisonous... so the "trip" is basically your mind/body being temporarily poisoned. Hence why many people throw up after taking shrooms. Again, take this with a grain of salt, because I heard this from a very unreliable source.

But could someone who has done both schrooms and acid compare the effects of the two? I know that it differs from person to person, but just describe what YOU felt to be the differences.

Thanks for all the answers so far.

14. Ahh, the power of deep thinking. :smoke:

All these "unnatural" things that we create are just our next step in evolution.

We have evolved enough physically, we are the top animal.

Only thing left to grow is our mind.

15. #16 The Great Decay, Oct 12, 2008
    I agree with this, your telling this to the wrong person.. Joe Biggs is teh one whos stuck on the natural/unnatural kick..i'm the one telling him it's pointless. Although i will say that our 'unnatural' things will be the reason why, someday, the human race will fail to exist on earth anymore..

And to the first poster...sorry for taking over your thread with our banter...but as long as you don't over do your first dose, you will be absolutley fine with either shrooms or acid. And the only harm longterm wise is if you were to do either every day for weeks at a time. Seriously, read up on erowid.org about both, it has every answer to every question you can think of about them both, including doseages, trip reports, etc.

16. I just read, have a thought, quote, post.