Two tents in the same room?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by MedHatShaun, Nov 9, 2020.

1. If I have 2 tents in the same room, one in veg, one in flower, will the light from the intake on my veg tent be enough to bother the flower tent? I’d have the intake facing the opposite side of the room as the intake on the flower tent.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. It should be completely lightproof in the flower tent. If not you will have problems.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. In my opinion, yes. Autos would eliminate that problem. It is doable, but a lot of good free air will need to be sealed off. If you are diligent and seal the veg for only 12 hours then open it up when the flower is on, or something creative like that. I think it is the intensity of the leaked light that becomes a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I run 3 tents in the same room. No problems at all.
    Just block the light holes on the flower tent and you won't have any problems
    piss on auto's they take to long.
    Put in your veg plants, when big enough to go to 12/12, cut clones and move em to your little clone tent and bubble cloner, give the veggin plants a week then 12/12 and move em to your flowering tent. (24/0 lighting)The clones will start to have roots, when you got a root ball move em' into your veg tent and 20/4 on lighting.
    By this time your flower tent should be a couple weeks out or so. Take clones, flip veg to 12/12, when flower is done about 2 or 3 weeks, then cut, move already flowering plants to the flower tent, move clones to veg tent blah blah.
    I cut every 45 days or so and usually pull 3+ Lbs
    Cant do that with auto's

• Like Like x 3
  5. Get some towels blankets put them over the vent.
    So the light is hidden from the blanket but the fan still does its thing .
    I think you understand ,Or use cardboard whatever get creative . Use a tube to the vent . Put the vent into the corner

• Like Like x 1
  6. or you could just grow autos

7. I have multiple tents set up in the same room and its also my man cave in the basement where i spend most of my spare time. This is not a huge issue to deal with. Make sure your tent doesn't have holes in it, make sure vents are sealed tight and make sure your intake exhaust is long enough that it can curl and make a couple loops. That light will have to bounce off the inside of the pipe in too many directions and itll never make it into the tent. Just use an extra long piece of ducting and spiral it a couple times like a raveled up fire hose and you have nothing to worry about. Most tents suck and have holes tho. Turn all the lights outside the tent on and the light inside the tent off and then zip yourself up inside with someone there who can let you out. From the inside you will be able to tell if any pinholes of light get thru and if they do then patch it from the inside of the tent. Use black electrical tape on the inside of the tent. Shit doesn't like to stick to the outside of the tent.
    If you're super worried about it you can also spend 20 bucks and buy a couple tarps and hang them like a partition and block light out.
    In case you're wondering, any light leak is too much of a light leak buddy so make sure you patch that shit up tight or you'll be growing some seeds.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Awesome, solutions! Thank you. I’ll follow that game plan right there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I already explained why I don't waste my time with auto's.

• Like Like x 1
  10. It was kind of a complicated reason. I'll give you this, the photo grower who knows what he is doing will out yield the auto grower who doesn't really need to know much. One hermie though, and I win.

• Disagree Disagree x 1