Tangie'matic, Gorilla Glue and West Coast OG

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by c0rn, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Hi all,

Going to start a grow journal.

Just started germinating two seeds today. 1 Gorilla Glue Auto and 1 Tangie'Matic.

Placed them in this propagator with IKEA led light and a heat mat under to keep them nice and warm.
    [​IMG]

Here they are.
    [​IMG]

Once they have roots they will be moved into this wardrobe that is in our basement. Will give the area a good clean tomorrow.
    [​IMG]

Will be using a Platinium Aerotop 5 Aeroponics unit.
    [​IMG]

And a Viparspectra V450 Reflector led light.
    [​IMG]

Haven't grown in many years so this should be fun =)

Stay tuned (if you like).

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hi all!

I ended up planting 3 seeds, 1 Tangie'matic and 2 Gorilla Glue. The Gorillas are growing very slow, not sure why.

I moved the Tangie'matic and 1 of the Gorillas to my grow space today.

Currently have the following data.
    Water temperature: 19C
    PPM: 450
    pH: 5.9
    Water pump timer 15min on, 30min off.
    Aquarium water heater on timer, on for 15min 6 times/day. Going to have to mess around with this one until I get it good as it is a little bit to high now, temperature goes to low without heater (14-15C).

[​IMG]

Tangie'matic
    [​IMG]

Gorilla Glue
    [​IMG]

Please do let me know if you see that I am doing anything wrong or right for that matter :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Is Tangie-matic the name of the strain or is it auto tangerine dream? I’m growing an auto tangerine dream from growers choice and it’s 7 weeks. It started out really really slowly but is growing getting really tall. Your girls are looking so far! I’ve not grown hydro but if they look good then they’re saying they’re good.

4. #5 c0rn, Mar 29, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
    So 10 days into the grow I started to notice problems, I had no growth at all and I could also see some brown spots and burned tips. My guess was nute burns but I was unsure, so I posted in the sick plant forum and I got some advice and tips from @trojangrower and that got me back on track again.

Is this nutrition burn?

All below pictures are from the Tangie'matic. The Gorilla Glues where showing issues as well but they are so small that it is hard to tell.

Here are some pictures from Monday the 25th March
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And here are some pictures from Thursday 28th March, not much better but at least I can see some growth and the brown spots and burned tips have not got any worse.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

During the evening of Tuesday 26th March I added 5ml GHE SubCulture to my res, this was because I was seeing water temps climbing to 21-22C and I really do not want root rot and I have read so much good stuff regarding this stuff. This did cause my pH to drop over night from 5.9 to 4.5, I corrected it in the morning back to 5.9 but it was back at 4.5 again when I got home from work. I read that this can happen in the beginning when adding beneficial bacteria so I was not worried and today (29th) I did not see anymore drops in pH and all is stable again (I hope).

Last night (Thrusday 28th March) I noticed that the Gorilla Glues were showing signs what looked like over watering issues with very droopy leaves so I changed the timer on the pump for the low pressure aero from 15min on and 15min off to 15min on and 45min off and today they were looking a lot happier. I will of course have the pump on a lot more or even all the time when the root mass is larger.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Some more updates.

30th March, stuff took a turn towards the worse again and I was seeing more brown spots and she was extremely droopy. My EC PPM was at around 300.

I took some close up pictures of her and it looked like little white spots everywhere and I feared that I had a pest problem (later I learned that the leaf looks like this), so again I created a thread and asked for help and again @trojangrower stepped up and provided advice.

Please help, think I have a pest problem :(

Together we thought it could be either root rot or some kind of deficiency. Roots were looking good though.

30th March
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I first added some nutrients and took EC PPM up to around 600 but after about an hour or two I changed my mind and instead emptied the res and gave it and the pump a thorough clean (was thin layer of slime around Res and pump) and added fresh water, nutrients and leveled the pH to close to 6.

31 March
    Things looking better again most of the droopyness was gone and maybe some growth.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1st April
    Things getting better and for sure some growth, pH stable at 6 and no need for adjusting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Looks like the roots are trying to get into the res, this could turn into a DWC quickly :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Hi c0rn. One thing I can pass on is you should keep your res temp no lower than 20c. Below that and it can start to cause slow growth and one of the first signs you see is a magnesium deficiency. Another sign is dark green splotchy leaves.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. they will... damnganit roots! They form into a ponytail that I have to chop off in my system.
    I've sometimes thought to use some pond filter materials, but haven't tried it yet.

8. #9 c0rn, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2019
    @StickyBudHound the water temps around 20-21.5C. Thanks for tip!

@trojangrower that is funny, I was looking for something like a fine material today to do this :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Things still looking good today.

pH 5.9
    PPM 600

2nd April
    Tangie'matic Auto
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Gorilla Glue Auto has finally started to grow, she is tiny, her growth was stunted for a long time. She is the same age as the above.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  10. Just checked on the roots and it crazy how much they grow, several root tips had got into res. Not sure if I should let them do that or not but let's see how it goes. I will take a picture of the roots tomorrow.

11. She’s looking much better! She’ll probably dipped up now.

12. @Foxymel, Thanks! Yeah she is really looking better, let's hope it keeps up. It has really been a good learning experience this :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Couldn't help myself, I had to take a picture :)

2nd April
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. #15 c0rn, Apr 3, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    Some more updates from today (3rd April).

pH 5.9
    PPM 600

Seems like PPM is very stable and that should mean that they are drinking equal amount nutrients and water.

Gorilla Glue Auto, outside of some leafs are pointing upwards and not sure if that is a sign of something but I think she looks ok.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tangie'matic Auto
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  15. I moved the light up about 5-6cm and turned my fan to blow directly on the light just incase the leafs starting to point upwards is because of heat/light stress as it is not that humid in my grow space.

16. I was worried at one time because my leaves started pointing up. Apparently this is a good thing with your girls telling you they’re happy when the leaves are pointed up. It’s called praying,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. @Foxymel, I had no idea about that. That is very cool :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. I know! It’s always good to know your girls are healthy. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. 4th April.

Things are still ok, the Tangie'matic has a very very slight droopyness.

pH: 6 (no adjustments done)
    PPM: 600

Nice to see that the above numbers are very stable.

Gorilla Glue Auto
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tangie'matic Auto
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Roots growing sooo much.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2