Two Questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ThePatient, Oct 21, 2006.

1. 1. Why are UV lights considered so bad for your plant? Do they lack heat or light, maybe give off too much?

2. Can I find a florescent light in the form of a normal bulb instead of a tube? If so, is it something easily found at a local hardware store? (I never go to hardware stores)

2. The problem with UV lights is that plants do not use that part of the light spectrum and UV light destroys THC.

3. get cfl bulbs, screws in general purpose light socket.

4. actually uvb rays are thought to be beneficial in the production of resin and trich's towards the end of the flowering period. resin and trichromes are the plants natural defense against uvb rays so the theory is that if you use a uv light (like a reptile or exotic aquarium bulb) during the last few weeks of flowering the plant kicks up it's resin/tric production. i read an article somewhere (hightimes?) about it, but it could be wrong i suppose.

5. Your right, however, only for short periods of time like 2hrs, simulates the sun at high noon. On the reverse to much and it will kill your plant.