Two Plants Two Problems

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Corn Man, Apr 26, 2013.

1. So I have twelve plants, two of them are acting up and the rest are fine. They are in the sixth week of flowering and are in five gallons of ocean Forrest soil and I am watering them with advanced nutrients micro, bloom, and grow.

I have two guesses, one is simply the plants are lacking magnesium and I ordered some Cal Mag to fix that.

The other is I bought some "Dyna Grow Liquid K-L-N Rooting Concentrate" for my clones and started using that in my water as well. Putting in just as much as I do with one of my other nutrients, which is 5ML per Gallon.

Victim Number One

The leaves aren't yellowing which would be some kind of lack of nutrients, they are just kinda wilting, which would imply over watering, but I have been checking the soil and watering about every 4-5 days.

The Water went in with a PH of 6.8 and the runoff was 5.9

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Victim Number Two

The leaves on this one are yellowing which would lead me to believe it was some kind of lack of nutrients, so I ordered some Cal-Mag but if anyone can give me any tips on what else it could be that would be great

The water went in with a PH of 6.8 and the runoff was 5.8

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. same problem, no clue!

3. Have you checked the ph. How hot is it in the grow area

4. I put the PH readings above the pictures for both plants

The grow area never goes above 85 and is getting plenty of fresh air

Sadly the worse off one is the closest the the box fan I have mounted and the other one isn't directly under the light, front left corner actually, nothing special

5. Victim #1, I wanna say it's root-bound or over watered.

Victim #2, I want say some type of nutrient deficiency or burn....I'm not sure.

6. Looking now the number two plant does seen nutrient fried. What thows me off is the burn usually starts at the tips of the leafs though

7. I might flush them this weekend and see how that goes.

8. #8 Buffalo11024, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2013
    2nd plant is a magnesium deficiency, and it's pretty bad. Ph is likely the cause for both plants. do you always run your ph that low? to keep magnesium from locking out I have learned it is best to increase my ph from my usual 6.0 to 6.5. These are my runoff readings along with my feed schedule.1/3 to 1/2 dose nutrients. Feed(6.0)Feed(6.0) Plain water(6.5). I water/feed every 3-4 days. Also you don't need to over pay for cal/mag. Buy some Epsom salt; $3 bag will last you a long time. 1/3T per gallon of water. Water with Epsom in your solution 2-4 times and deficiency should stop its progression. Your temps are also too high, I shoot for 72-78F.