two plants one bubble bucket???

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by potblower, Jan 13, 2010.

1. can this be done in a 5 gal bubble bucket setup? would like to grow two different strains, but dont know if i have the room, would more c02 help

2. theoretically, yeah, it could be done...

practically, i wouldn't recommend it

if you end up trying it anyways, do your best to seperate the 5 gallon into 2 sides, so that the roots don't tangle as much...

its always best to have 1 plant per 1 container, otherwise they end up competing for the nutes/water/lights/root space, a little too much....

its like jamming 4 people into a 5 x 3 cell in prison..... sure it can be done.... but theres gunna be problems with space, hahaha.

3. Yes, you can do more than that. It just depends on the size. If you're going to be doing a SoG or something you could put several in one bucket. A 5gal res. is sufficient and won't cause too much competition as long as you don't put them side by side.

For instance, I have a mother plant and she has her own container, but when I take clones I put 4-5 in each 5gal bucket because each one gets no taller than a foot.

4. Very often different strains will have different nutrient needs and will grow at different rates. I never think it is a good idea to put multiple plants in 1 container unless you are using clones from the same strain and are planning on doing something like a SOG.