Two plants not flowering the same

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Mdates367, Jun 15, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hey, first time poster and grower. I've got two girls going in dwc in a grow tent. I've been using Lucas formula and havent been having any issues so far. I swapped my light cycle to 12/12 two weeks ago because my seeds were feminized but not autoflowering. One of them has small buds starting all over, but the other plants bud sites still have small leaves like it did in veg. Any ideas why this could be happening? Am I just being impatient or is there possibly a problem? Thanks for any advice

Attached Files:

2. Hey Mdates367!
    I just have a quick question. Are both of your ladies of the same strain? I have 2 photos n 1 auto, all different strains. The auto flipped on its own as it should, but that was my signal to flip the other 2. As you did, I placed them on 12/12 at 1st n noticed 1 flipped within a week or what felt like less.
    The 2nd one wasn't effected by the flip. I too got nervous or whatever n I changed the light cycle. I now have the ladies on 18 off n 6 on. Not saying thats what did the trick, but the 2nd lady outta the photos started to flower! Now, I'm hoping that someone else with greater experience on the subject chimes in cause I wanna be 100% certain that that could be the cause of ya lil lady not responding to the flip. Either way ya girls look great so whatever your doing is working! Good luck 2 ya Mdates367...
    Green Love

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Yeah they're both gsc extreme strain

4. When growing from seeds you get different phenotypes. I can see a single pestle in the second picture so it is probably just a later flowering pheno. I had some plants start about 3 weeks of 12/12.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I've actually started using regular seeds. Much higher chance of homozygous traits in every seed. Feminized and automatics have a way higher chance of hermaphroditing unless years of back crossing and solidifying genetics.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Different phenotypes. They'll likely show other differences throughout the remainder of your grow. That said, tehy both look female, so I wouldn't sweat it. Just keep your eye on them. With two pheno's showing one might stretch more, or require more/less nutes. But you shouldn't have any issues running Lucas, it's pretty good as a general feed regimin.

7. So are you saying that a female seed from a regular pack will be able to take more stress and not hermi?

8. No. He is not . But if a female strand by a breeder that has not been around for a wile crazy stuff can happen. Reason its not back tested. They are new . Rookies .
    Your good . I only use fem seeds . What i am seeing one is flowering sooner then the other .
    Ok so keep them going. Both will flower and you will harvest them both in the next 9 weeks or so .
    Keep us posted on your grow if like . I want to see your hydro grow .
    Female and REGULAR plants will both get stressed in shity situations
    I am typing this high ! Hope you can understand wtf im saying .
    A regular seed if its female has less chance of deverting into a she male .
    A female seed grow by a company that knows what there doing wont turn into a shemale .
    A female seed created by joe blows big loads lol. Lack of testing and know how it could turn into a zombie plant .

9. Absolutely. feminized seeds and automatics are actually created from hermaphrodite traits. Like I said though a damn good breeder will have it crossed for years so that those hermaphrodite traits do not show up. The only problem is it seems like breeders are throwing out like 4 new strains a month.

Sounds like mephisto has some damn good automatics though. I used to like Humboldt seed company and even know the owner. However he has been throwing out more strains than ever. I just grew 2x Jelly Ranchers and 2x garlic budders. The jelly ranchers are growing amazingly however the garlic budders shot out pistils and balls second week of flower. If this happens in first weeks then it is definitely breeders fault.

• Winner Winner x 1