Two plants, different problems (pics)

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Tokensmoke10, Dec 4, 2010.

1. About a week and a half ago I noticed what looked like the start of nute burn on the 2nd plant and saw some yellow splotching on the 1st plant.

I took it easy and see if it would get any worse and sure enough it has. As you can see from the pics, the first plant's yellow splotching has covered most of the leaf along with some brown spotting. The second plant has gotten more brown/orange dead patches that turn very crispy.

On both plants it's only a couple of the top fan leaves and a couple of the small bud leaves that are showing the problems. The first plant was recently down to a ph of 6.3 but after the last watering a couple days ago of just straight Ph'd water, it raised to 6.4. On the other end, the second plant has a slightly high Ph of 6.7 and has remained so for a little bit (even after being watered the same day as the first plant with just water).

Even after some research I just can't pinpoint if there's a Ph problem, nute burn, or something else. I guess I should also mention that these plants are about 6 weeks into flowering.

Any help would be great!

First plant

[​IMG]

Second plant

[​IMG]

2. Any input at all?

3. What strain? I had the same prob on a white rhino. It started about 5-6 weeks in and I started with molasses for cal/mg. It didnt stop but it slowed the spread down greatly. It also stunted my plant so I had to add extra flower time. Good luck brother. If you figure it out holler back.

4. looks like ph fluctuation double check your ph and calibrate your meter regularly.

5. It's just a bagseed grow.

@wert

Do both look like PH fluctuations? Even though it's been a little while since I've calibrated my PH meter, it seems to still be doing fine (distilled water still comes up as 7). And both plants have been fairly steady in terms of ph especially the last 3 weeks or so.

6. the lower picture could be a magnesium deficancy. the top one seems like a ph problem. just check your ph meter dip in the 4 and 7 buffer solutions and make sure they are reading right.

7. Well that's odd because even though I use distilled water, I add Calmag to amost every watering at 1tsp/gal. And sadly I'm out of buffing solution for my meter, like I said the distilled water still comes up as 7 and I double check it with my Ph drops and it comes up the same.

8. could be a calcium overdose. to much calcium loks up magnesium

9. Distilled water doesn't have much PH to measure, you can't guarantee accuracy like that. I'd go get some new buffering solution and make sure your PH is good. It sounds like you're adding plenty of micro, but maybe some of it is getting locked out.