Two months and no sex??

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Surphinjoe, Mar 29, 2010.

1. Folks,

I started my plants this year in an aquarium. Light cycle of 18/6. Germ started on 1/15, moved them into 1 gal pots 1/30, they started growing on 2/6/10. When we changed the clocks, 3/14, I moved everyone outside to a shaded area. They have been outside since then and are growing pretty well. (Weather has been 60degrees plus)

My question is when will these plants start to show sex? I would include pics but my camera
    can't capture what I need. Too small an area for a proper focus. The plants are approaching
    two months but I want to be proactive and get rid of all males ASAP. I searched all of the
    forums under Absolute Beg. but couldn't find the answer I need.

Thanks in advance,

JZ

2. They will show sex when their mature enough, with different strain's, thgey mature at different times ;) or you could force sexing by changing your light cycle to 12/12 and after sexing you could revert back to veggin if you wanted.
    Don't you have any plans of puttin your plant into flowering, 2 month's is a long time to let em veg, I totally do away with veg altoghether and go 12/12 from start but ye, that's a way to get sex outta them or just keep waiting;)

3. Sorry if I forgot to mention that they have been outside since, 3/14/10. Amount of light on 3/14/10 is 11hrs:54mins. My locale started getting 12hrs of light on 3/17/10. Around 4/1, I plan on moving them to their permanent spot in the sun, since they will have had 10days plus of being outside. We have a clod spell coming in so I will be moving them inside for the evening but moving back outside in the AM. I hope this doesn't prolong my "sexing" of my plants.

Thanks in advance

4. I would hate going 2 months with no sex. Hang in there man. :D

5. thats y they arent showing man... ur local light is over twelve hrs.... it wont flower till ur light is less than 12. i wud reccomend getting some verrrry black plastic.... NO light penetration at all.... and build a frame around the plants that u can drape that plastic over to give it the right amount of light and dark

6. failure to place and remove such a cover at the exact same time each day could easily end in hermies.