Two month T-break is killing me!!! (long/cliffs)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Vayx, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Oh man talk about bad luck i just wrote this huge thread and accidentally hit backspace and it turned my browser back a page and lost my whole story.....so here is attempt #2.

Cliffs at the bottom for lazy people :smoking:

I recently got recruited by a Canadian University to play football for the team, which is a pretty high-ranking team in Canada, so i was thrilled to go. Only thing is, i love to blaze. Last summer i must have blazed almost everyday, this summer though i toned it down a notch and blazed mostly on weekends and at parties type of thing. Now seeing as i was going to this university and competing on the team for a position, i decided i would definitely need to stop this habit because i know they do random drug testing in university athletics. Although this testing is nothing like what i imagine the NCAA testing is like, because here it is selected at random at any time in the season (and out of season, but they do not test for THC out of season for some reason, which my athletic therapist told me with a wink...lol) and consists of 4-6 players from the team, out of about 90, to take the test. Thats only if they even come to do the testing on the team in which some cases they wont.

Now in order to come out here to do all this i had to move 1200 miles away (driving miles, flying is a little easier :p) and leave all my friends and family behind. Leaving family behind i don't find all that hard because they are always there for me, and i really wanted to move out on my own anyways, and being this far away on your own is kinda nice. But moving away from all my friends, who i saw daily (literally) is fucking hard. I moved out here not knowing ANYONE at all except the head coach who i met when i came to check the school out. I have managed to meet a bunch of cool people here, and live in the dorms here my roomates are pretty chill as fuck and are all football players as well, and the girls on our floor are also very chill and easy going people who love to party as much as me. Pretty much all of them blaze, and every single one of them drinks. The plus side to being out here on the football team is we get in every bar/club free of charge, some have VIP rooms for us, and we also usually get quite a few free drinks. It is a very nice perk, the downside though is that we are only allowed out one night a week to drink (after game day) and no weed.

So now to the T-break part. After deciding to come out here and give it a real shot (i tried the same thing last year with another school and in the end screwed myself out of it which i have no one to blame but me) i decided i needed to put my foot down and not blaze. Training camp started out here in August, and i had no idea if i was going to be drug tested right away or not, so i stopped exactly 30 days before the first day of training camp, and it was actually pretty easy to do, about 100x easier then quitting smoking, which i still havent done, and i had no obsessive urge to do it even when i would chill with my buddies and they would smoke. About 2 weeks into starting this T-break we had a wicked summer trip camping then at a cabin by the beach for 5 days. After 3 heavy nights of drinking, the fourth morning was very rough and i decided ah fuck it one more time wont hurt and i hit the bong on August 9th (my very last day of smoking to this day ...so far). Now the good thing is, i havent had any drug tests, and it now being october 13th i am fairly confident in saying i would probably pass any testing given to me right now.

Thing is, i miss blazing so much, i miss just the general being high, grabbing some munchies, chilling with my buds, having a few laughing fits, and everything that comes with being high (especially listening to tool baked). Now I have been redshirtted as it is my first year, and for those of you who dont know what that means it basically means I do everything else the team does (practice, meetings, watch game films,etc..) but I do not play in the actually games. Seeing as the position i am had 4 solid starters already, and they recruited a bunch more it was very very competitive. I plan on going home in a week or two to see all my buddies back home, and am pretty sure i will smoke again with them just for the hell of it because i dont see a redshirtted first year player who doesnt even get to dress for the games being tested when they have 45 players who dress that can be tested. If i decide to keep to what i planned all along, i may have to wait till the end of november till i can blaze again.

Really what i guess it all means is, i miss the fuck outta blazing, and not because i NEED TO BE HIGH, but i just miss the general fun factor it comes with.

Sorry about it being so long i never intended it to be, but it actually feels good to get this all off of my chest, i missed these forums i just recently came back to them after being away for a few months.

And if you managed to read all of this without being bored, kudos to you and any input you can think of is welcomed!

Cliffs:
    - Recruited to a Canadian University for football gave up smoking b/c i may be drug tested

- Am Redshirtted for the year (not playing but practicing)
    - have not smoked for over 2 months now and miss it, and also living 1200 miles away from everyone does not help
    - Going home soon to see friends, may blaze while there, if i choose to stick to my original plan i may not be able to blaze till the end of november :(

- was basically a big rant and it kinda made me feel better ;)

Stay Classy Grasscity:smoking:

2. lol thanks for catching that double post, guess i hit enter accidentaly somewhere along the way.

3. Two months? Try 1 year, 1 month, and 13 days. Now that sucks. (JK about the 13 days part :()

4. how did you do that! but still, two months is a long time if you blaze almost everyday

i do, and two days without bud is torture... weed is not at all a "problem" for me, i love doing it and could never give it up, i think if i wanted/needed to then yeah i could do it, but it would be hard - good luck with your t-break... sorry aboutthe babbling, im high

5. i havent toked since february 16th or 23rd, cant remember which. before then i was smoking about a half oz every 2 to 4 days. two months is nothing man

6. In high school I had a job so I was able to buy weed all the time. Continued smoking during the summer multiple times a day until I found out that the job I was getting that spring did 'hair testing.' So I stopped cold turkey and have been clean ever since. FYI I was only piss tested:mad: but I guess I saved a lot of much needed money. :)