two kinds of people

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by dantheman52, Mar 23, 2013.

1. let me start by saying that i generally think everyone is unique. i realize that it may not appear that way on a day to day basic when interacting with people, but fundamentally, i think everyone is a genuinely unique person. with that being said, there are only two categories people fall into that matter to the world as a whole: those that are selfish, and those that are selfless. anyone perceived to be outside or in between selfishness or selflessness are just those yet to define themselves as one or the other. i say this because i don't think the two concepts are hard get a handle on; either you care about other people or you don't. sure, on certain scales, there is some gray area, and (as i don't claim to be a saint) i am an example of this gray area personified. however, fundamentally, there is no gray area.

2. ...good observational skills

3. I care about other people. but i also dont do volunteer work or donate to charity. am i selfless or selfish?

I probably am selfish but I don't care. right now im worried about being happy.

4. ...i guess i was trying to figure out the reasoning behind it. almost like the good vs. evil type discussion, but in a more relevant light.

5. truly there is no good or evil bad or good right or wrong.....only thinking makes anything so.

6. There are only two colours

Red

And not red

7. when i say good or evil, i'm referring to helping vs. hurting other people or things. i understand the subjectivity of the two concepts, but there are real world applications, for the simple fact that the pain and happiness we all feel is very real, if not only to us.