two, and only two 26w cfls

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by SR DEEZL, Sep 23, 2010.

1. #41 TakeABongToke, Sep 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2010
    is it in a grow room or just a room if its in a bigger space add something and tie it to it or mabye try to tie it to the handle

2. you think id be able to gently wrap her around it? barber pole style.

its just in a closet, 2x2 x 3.5 vertical.

3. bloom booster, now or flower??

4. If I were you I'd start flowering when the plant is about 10 inches tall. This way you'll max out just shy of 2 feet at the finish. Figure in 12" for the planter, and a few inches for the CFL bulbs and that's all the space you'll have to work with. Flower too late and the stretch could screw things up.

The lower branches on your plant are way behind. You have three options prior to flowering.
    1. You LST the main stalk over and apply more direct light on the lower branches.
    2. You defoliate (remove) the fan leaves that are blocking the direct light from reaching these branches.
    3. You remove the lower branches and allow the plant to focus all growing energy on the upper most parts.

Choice is yours, but if you're not at 14" yet, then I think you could use the next 5-7 days on any of these methods and get better results in the long term.

I would LST the main stalk over to the side right now, pulling the top of the plant down to about the height of the middle of itself. I would bend it in a direction that would not point any branches straight down, so more like an "X" than a "+" if that makes sense. Any large fan leaves that shaded branches from the top of the plant would be removed. Fan leaves pointing downwards, or not blocking light, would be left alone. Any branches that were just outrageously immature would be removed. I'd give the plant 5 days to recover and then begin flowering when the plant reaches a height of 12" to 14" inches.

5. #45 SR DEEZL, Sep 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2010

ok so i can remove the few bottom sets that arent as developed as the others. the ones that are there for kinda no reason doing more harm than good.

***like i said im already on the 12/122 cycle. how would i induce flowering if im already on the flowering cycle?

and yes it makes sense so long as this is right: if i were to look at the plant when im done bending it over, it would look like an x, from the side. so no branhces would be perpendicular to the soil, but they would rather be at about a 45 degree angle to the soil.

***bloomb booster?!?

edit: shes about 14 inches tall right now.

edit: so the branches that are a lot skinnier than the rest needs ta go?
    the ones that look all anorexic? that would be nice if so bc its only the first two sets that are like that.

6. one of the reasons that the branches are skinny is because theres no fan so there not getting toughend if they were going to flower theyd be a lil pop corn nug but i regulary take the bottom branches of every week and ya id clip the bottom branches but i would still lst after branches either get bigger or now and if you wanna re veg your plant change the light to 13/11 then 14/10 then 15/9 until you get it to 18/6 it puts the least amout of stress on the plant

7. word up, i trimmed the two bottom sets since they were the smallest.. got her bent over... cam died so ill try to get pics tonight.. i also re rigged the closet, put my vehicles sun shade around her to focus the light. the bend is pretty serious and i dont have tied tight at all..

shes got the tiny hairs, so maybe let her veg about a week more? theyre starting to show up more frequently and on more nodes.. so maybe do 13/11 tonight, 14/10 tomorrow, 15/9 thurs and 16/8 friday??? how do i intorduce the new light sched with the least amount of stress and how long after its at 18/6 (or even 16/8 if itll work, energys expensives here) do i change it to 12/12? whenever i feel shes ready?

BLOOM BOOSTER?!?! i feel you guys are aavoiding that one hahaha

8. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

so these show the lst ive done and a little bit of what ive trimmed.
    pls advise if there is anything ive missed or if i should do more trimming. I tried to get every angle for you guys...

pls see my above post and let me know about those questions.

9. Looks pretty good. You could stand to drop the main growing tip another inch or so, but otherwise it looks fine.

10. ok cool.. i didnt wanna put the twine on that part bc its never been bent or moved before..

im going to start curling it around thee bucket. the large fan leaves are okay to leave on?? i know theyre catching the light and energy so...

im just gonna stick with water btw lol

changing to 14/10 tonight..

11. you can tuck the leaves in between nodes so a lil more light goes to the buds and leaves hold sugars and nutrients to the store them in the leaves

12. gotcha... the more i look at it the more ways i see you can tuck them under without much bending.

i can definitely see how i need more lights now. im going to see whats up with a larger 6500k cfl today. ive found 68ers at the hardware stores but they are the wrong spectrum.. smh

13. i have better and easier access to 26watt 6500k bulbs and 1 68 watt 2700k bulb. would this be too stressful for the plant if i have one 68 watt 2700k (instead of 6500k) and two 26 watt 6500k (instead of 2700k) bulbs?

14. id say go for the 68w cfl even if its the wrong spectrum it still has some of the rays in the 6500k lights and some people dont know about 2700k and 6500k an theyve only used 2700k for the whole thing or 6500k

15. ahh okay, ill have to get that tomorr.

twp questions:
    1 where do i pin her down to whenever she has been lst'd the entire way around this small bucket?

2 how long after shes at 18/6 do i neeed to switch to 12/12?

16. #56 TakeABongToke, Oct 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2010

1 tie it to whatever
    2 up to you could and if space isnt an issue id have it veg for a week or 2

17. okay i got her at 16/8 tonight and by sunday night shell be at 18/6... so i can go lets say friday/saturday?

and i added a 42 watt cfl today in place of one of the 26w.. im going to get a 68 and call it a day, ill have 110 actual..

do you think i will have to transplant her at all or can i leave her in that one til harvest?

18. nice upgrades to your room and ya you can leave her in the container if u want

19. word up, +rep for helping me along..

next thing:

person im living with is disgusting and i plan on leaving very soon, within 7 days.

how the f do i go about takin my baby with me with the LEAST amount of stress possible?

im thinking tying it up in a black garbage bag while its in the dark cycle and taking it straight over to the new spot and removing it from the bag and puttin her in the new gro room/closet ill have setup over there... distance is a couple miles if that... keeping air in the bag i would imagine is a good idea..

i dont wanna look obvious so im thinking i could also take a few more items out in black garbage bags, or just pull a stealth night operation haha.

20. When I had to do this, I just put mine in a cooler. That way you won't have the sides of a bag smashing in against your plant, and you can be pretty careful about not letting your plant get smashed without looking very suspicious. It looks like yours is short enough to fit also.

I've seen a guy do an entire grow with a single 42 watt cfl, he got about 10 grams, so your not exactly in uncharted territory here. In my first grow, I got about 10 grams with 92 watts, but I messed up a lot along the way and should have been able to pull about an ounce or so. Don't let the nay-sayers get you down, you'll do fine. Whatever you do, keep a close eye on temps, if you start adding lights without adequate ventilation they'll get too high. Better to have less light and decent temps then to have a lot of light and a 100 degree box.