Twitter is a lie, the truth about the "hype"

Discussion in 'General' started by untamedlion33, Apr 28, 2011.

1. every major television show you watch has an episode or 12 that some how mentions twitter. politicians, marketing firms, and every stupid corporate office says twitter this and twitter that. how many of you watched something and said "oh well if everyone is doing it then i should get on it to". so you go and sign up for an account you try to find your friends but no on is on it at all, so then you start calling around and all your friends say: "oh yeah i signed up but couldn't find anybody so i havn't gone on it ever since, lol."

I just wanna say to the old people in those marketing firms it's just not gonna catch on, and no you havn't found a new way of marketing through social networks. your just shelling out money to waist our time. and yes its very nice your trying to reach out to the generation y market. were well known for spending money that we seemingly are pulling out of our asses on any number of random crap. and just because we say lol alot dosnt mean were stupid.

2. What?

I use twitter to follow tech news along with other news. It's really useful for that.

3. Really is that all its good for. Great so now our news and comercials can follow us every where we take our cell phones.

4. I have literally never said or thought those words in my life, which is why I don't own a Twitter or Facebook account.

5. #5 Flonkas, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Why so mad man? No ones forcing you to use it.

6. #6 untamedlion33, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
    I'm not realy mad so much that its out there rather they say things like "it blows facebook away" and "if you want to target the gen y market, twitter". I just feel like our intelegence is being insaulted on national television and the internet.

7. Plus I mean think about it everytime u tweet no one is listening to you. Yourjust saying stuff to make urself fel special and givng away marketing reaserch

8. [​IMG]

I will happily say I've only visited Twitter once in my lifetime :)
    Dont see the point

9. social networking makes marketing easier by 99.99% because public and private entities use it to segment markets, in other words find the differences between people and approach different types of people in different ways when marketing towards them

10. You are really mad at about this.

I use to have Twitter (I got rid of it because I ran out of stuff to say) but for the time I spent on their I found it very convenient for innovative thinking as much as it was a distraction.

I think knowing that you can keep track of your mentors ideas on a lively basis while you're waiting for their next book, CD, or documentary is something people can appreciate.

11. Twitter: archiving every fleeting moment of your life.

Drinking a cup of coffee.

Picking lint out of my Persian rug.

Colour-coding my designer tees.

It's really quite stupid.

12. For music, it's pretty good to get the low down on new tracks, tours, and other stuff.