Twitter hides Trump tweet for 'glorifying violence

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Vee, May 29, 2020.

1. Which?

2. The one that drove into the protesters who were on a bridge in Minneapolis. The update is is he had not intended to harm anyone.

3. #63 ICGreen, Jun 1, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
    Was that said with the utmost respect (which is expected here)?

Edited to add: OK, deleted since you decided not to edit your posts.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mods. Do me a favor.

If this thread gets out of hand and rude and
    you want to delete it, just don't allow replies
    and leave it up.

I've learned a lot and I think it's one of the more
    important threads to be posted on GC.

Of course it's strayed away from the original
    point, but most threads do.

5. @Blix
    Let me show you what you missed, I had to delete the post because apparently he couldn't edit out the disrespectful portion (Rough day?).

Toke_til_you_choke said:
    I agree except for the lying narrative about race. Is there racism in some of these cases? Yes. Are cops only doing this kind of shit to black people? Fuck no. Most useful idiots will take that bait and ignore the big picture which is our problem with police, period.

This has nothing to do with taking anyone's side. I'm simply pointing out that if morons think they can get away with destroying businesses and stealing and then have the audacity to try and say it's racist to stop them, they're morons and deserve whatever comes their way. I hate cops but I also hate thieves. Let em kill each other.

To the peaceful protesters out there I wish no harm. And besides it's not like violence on is going to solve anything more than peaceful protests either. It's all fire with fire. Unless there's a fire big enough to burn it all down and rebuild ie: a civil war, no amount of violent protests will change jack shit either.
    @Blix tell me why you disagreed this post

6. Yeah, I know. That's what I meant by getting out of hand and rude.

I just don't want to see a mostly decent and pretty lively thread get
    deleted because a couple of people can't control their emotions.

7. What exactly is controversial about Trump's statement? Looters do deserve to be shot dead, I would have thought most people agree with that. If I was American I'd hope my President would intervene and restore order when this kind of chaos erupts. That's one of the few legitimate services a government should provide. What's glorifying violence is calling riots and looting "the language of the unheard" or some such bullshit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. The answer is right in the OP as to why it was a trigger phrase.

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. I love where America is at right now burnin shit down everyone hates the system I hope it goes on longer than COV-19 quarantine.

10. Nah, in America we don't condone shooting and killing people because they broke and took some stuff. Lives>Stuff, pretty simple math. There are thousands and thousands of protesters who have been completely peaceful, and a far fewer number of people involved in the looting and destruction.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. How does the fact that they are the minority mean you can't defend yourself and your property from violent criminals? For many people their life's savings are tied up in their businesses, they can't just let them burn it down. The property vs life question should be decided by the looter. They should ask themselves whether stealing and destroying property is worth their lives. Once you start behaving like an animal you've pretty much waived your right to life. Consequences man

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. If their life is in danger and people are being violent toward a store owner, that is one thing if they need to defend themselves.

Condoning killing someone over stealing a couple items and damaging buildings, which can easily be replaced, along with getting any money lost back in insurance is ridiculous. Stuff can be replaced, lives can't.

And if you aren't from America, you clearly don't understand why a lot of this country is fed up with being murdered by cops for no reason.

13. Bad cops are nothing new, they usually commit other abuses against citizens, long before they kill.

14. #74 garrison68, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    Most cops are not killers. Do you know what the primary reason is, for the inclusion of bad cops on the force, who remain there despite incidents of abuse, some of whom eventually kill for no reason?

• Creative Creative x 1
  15. So if I showed up to your place, broke in, stole everything that's not bolted down and then torched the place for no reason, you'd be fine with that? It's just stuff you can easily replace. You can easily replace your house, car, all your assets and valuables right? No hardship at all? Wouldn't cause you to suffer financially, lose all your income, file bankruptcy and generally ruin your life. You also have no guarantee that I won't decide to kill you as part of the bargain, I'm not sure I'd want to take that on faith, personally.

No, you have every right to defend your property from mindless violence. If I didn't want to be shot I could always leave you alone. Like I said before, it's up to those looting to decide if they value their lives or if they are willing to risk them through senseless violence.

• Like Like x 1
  16. This is actually false... Look up Castle Law. Many states have laws pertaining to the use of lethal force to defend ones property.
    I personally agree with Castle Law. What has taken me a life time to accumulate can be stolen in minutes and I shouldn't be allowed to defend said "stuff"? That's ridiculous.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

17. And several states don't have castle law. We aren't talking about breaking into a person's house, the looting has been at stores and I definitely still stand with a human life is a lot more important than some posessions. Craaaaazy thinking.

18. And most protestors aren't violent rioters. See how it works both ways

19. First off we are talking looting at businesses, not breaking into homes. Second, never said I'd be fine with it, but I also wouldn't think you should die because of it.

20. #80 SirDabbington, Jun 7, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
    I think it's safe to assume some of the small business owners may have lived in the back of or above their store. I've seen it in Chicago plenty of times. Regardless, you clearly don't understand how serious some people can be when it comes to theft of private property.

To me the bottom line is...don't start no shit and there won't be no shit.

Just playing devil's advocate with this next question:
    Should a gun store owner defend his store with lethal force? Or should said owner just let the criminals take all the guns?

Where do you personally draw the line. I drew my line a long time ago.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.