Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Twitching

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Rowran, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Okay so i have never twitched while high too my knowledge, but one of my best friends twitches out about 50% of the time he smokes. And for the first time last night i have seen him twitch when he's sober. and its not like small twitches here and there, he will twitch and fall out of his chair. Our theory currently are hes dehydrated or the weed because he rarely drinks water. He is in great shape too. Any body have any experience with the twitching? because it ruins everyone elses night when we worry about him. Any ideas are welcome. also he is the only one i have seen twitch out of everyone i have ever smoked with. And all this happens usually after a bong rip or two.

2. I sometimes have barely noticeable twitches when I get really high, but I have never had anything happen like that to me whilst sober.

3. Is he nervous? I twitch like a motherfucker when I'm nervous.

4. Some time when indulging in excess I get the twitches, never to the point of falling out of the chair or ruining the night, I'l just have my hand on my leg then all the sudden it will kinda twitch like I was just startled or something, but its a once in a blue moon thing, never sober and only when I'v over indulged.

5. Twitching until you fall out of your chair is called a seizure bro...

My hands twitch when I get high, but that's nothing to worry about. Having a seizure is though.

6. HAHAHA +rep

7. Thanks for the fast feedback haha
    but its not a seizure. My step brothers suffer from epilepsy and they have seizures every once and i while so i know what one looks like. And he will twitch out of the chair onto the ground and then he will stand up and be fine as soon as he hits the ground. We have also noticed that he often twitches at sudden movements. And with alcohol he doesnt twitch.

8. There's more than one type of seizure, you know.

9. yeah, if he is doing this (twitching out of the chair) on a regular basis and alc suppresses it it sounds kinda like a brain thing to me, I think its doc'o'clock for you buddy.

and if he's not into going to the doc he should stop smoking and see if the twitching while sober disappears in a week of so.

10. #10 meddlehaze, Jan 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2011
    when i get stoned my eye twitches and it's really annoying haha

EDIT: Alcohol activates the GABA Receptors which are responsible for inhibiting motor movement. Which means when GABA is activated, the body/brain doesn't function as fast or efficient as normal.

11. No i did not know that. Ill go research it now. thank you

12. wait wait wait... if this is happening to you and your friend is made up just say so, we won't care.

13. :rolleyes:

exactly....;):smoke:

i had an epileptic roommate for several years who would have these type of twitches ....especially in am....end up dropping his breakfast on the floor 3 or 4 times before he just gave up.....daily
    he would call them "blank outs"
    cus he would not remember the twitch.....just know he was fine one moment....and the next whatever was in his hand was across the room.....

he delt with it very well all things considered.....

14. Why would i make an account just to make stuff up? I made the account because i am worried about him. I figured who would know better then the internet. No it is not happening to me. It is happening to my best friend.

15. your a goof. tell that ***** to stop twitching or youll beat his ass!

16. He probably has a touch of tourettes.

17. Tell your friend to see a doctor. They are qualified.

18. Also Just researched simple and complex seizures. i looked at multiple youtube videos of both. it is neither. But i texted him asking if his memory skips when it happens and he says "no? my muscles want to contract on their own, i can feel it coming on than it like builds up to a twitch."
    So any other ideas? and again thank you for the quick responses i really appreciate it.

also ill go research the tourettes idea

19. as a few people have said its normal to occasionally twitch when high, its the sober twitching that is concerning, Is he using any other meds?

20. neither of these involve twitching.....:rolleyes:

Myoclonic (MY-o-KLON-ik) seizures are brief, shock-like jerks of a muscle or a group of muscles. "Myo" means muscle and "clonus" (KLOH-nus) means rapidly alternating contraction and relaxation-jerking or twitching-of a muscle.

Even people without epilepsy can experience myoclonus in hiccups or in a sudden jerk that may wake you up as you're just falling asleep. These things are normal.

In epilepsy, myoclonic seizures usually cause abnormal movements on both sides of the body at the same time. They occur in a variety of epilepsy syndromes that have different characteristics: