Twisting and curling leaves

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nochoketoke90, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Hey guys ive got 4 clones in there 3rd week of flower after a month of veg. Im using 5 26 watt, a 43 watt, and and 85 watt. All cfls. I have a desk fan as an exaust fan and the same for the intake. My box is 2 1/2 feet wide by 2 1/2 long by 3 feet tall. About a week ago i noticed my top leaves starting to what appears to be shriveling and twisting. My bottom leaves as to say the lower 3/4 are just fine. When you touch the top ones they feel waxy. They still stick up perky but the leaf blades edges curl under on some.(FYI) I use 9-6-5 potting soil with tomato toner that is 3-8-10. Could this be due to poor air circulation? Sorry i got no pics, live to far out in the boondocks so i gotta do all this from a cell phone. Thanks if u guys can help me!

2. Sounds like over fertilizing. Might want to cut back to maybe 3/4 strength or make sure you water with nutes every other watering and just plain water in between. Here is a simple chart that may come in handy
    View attachment Nutrient Defficiency Chart.pdf

3. I did forget to tell u that i have sulfur pretty bad in my water. Could this be doing it? I try to let it sit for a day or two to get rid of most of it. Guess i should Have invested in a ph tester.... :(

4. Easiest way is to get a britta filter or to use distilled water. Distilled water has a neutral ph so it is the best to use, besides an R/O filter.

5. it doesnt sound like over fertializing, it sounds lik over watering...

stop giving it so many nutes and shit like that and see what happes...

if nothing happens, your overwatering it bro, so give it a lil time a chill out, and depending on the size, mist a light spray of water on the leaves and water about every two days

-P.S., when you mist it, give it more than two squirts, otherwise your plant will hate you.

:wave:

6. Sounds like you need to get your water softener tank replaced or new innards to te softner itsself, this means that the ionic balance is off and the resin in the tanks is not working.

its your softener bro...

im pretty sure thats how they work...
    |
    (my dads a plumbing contractor)=D