twisted sisters LST spiral technique

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by Gdub51, Jul 19, 2018.

1. I tried this last year on a suggestion and the results, now improved this year, are enough to convince me to do ALL my plants this way next year. See how in the first pic, two plants (white widow) in early veg. are planted in opposing corners of a large planter and tied down in opposite directions. More tie downs are added as the plant grows around the planter until they meet in a complete circle. This seems to be a superior technique for the specifics of my location. So.Cal, 7m from beach, hill top, unobstructed grow area, LOTS OF WIND. This technique keeps branches down and out of the wind preventing wind damage. Also, the best colas grow from branches closest to the soil (less distance from food to leaf) so the resulting flowers are the densest and richest of the grow by far. This year the ends met in EARLY JUNE!! so I had to use sticks to hold the growth tips into increasingly larger circumferences until the plant can no longer be picked up. I'll post pics later when flowering takes over. Here it is on 5-17 and then on 6-22 TRY IT YOU'LL LIKE IT!!

Attached Files:

2. Great job. I do exclusively LST for most plants. It's def a great method in maximizing light space on the plant. My method takes it a little further though. No spiraling. Each branch gets full sunlight until it's harvest.

20180712_142355.jpg