Twisted new growth!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by SleepyWillow, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Soil grow
    Closet grow
    No nutes added!
    600w reflector series meizhi led on veg setting 22" from plants (manufacturers say 12"-30")
    Feminized Green love potion seed (free herbies seed)
    Just transplanted into 5 gal 2 weeks ago.
    Fox farm ocean forest soil. Same type of soil used since a seed.
    Water every few days when meter says dry.
    Temp low 80's because they were doing terrible under 80.
    Struggle with humidity usually around 30% with a humidifier. On days I water 40%.
    Just started on all my new growth. Not sure if this is ph related or strain? Ph meter sucks and not reliable need a new one. Anyone know for sure what this is boron or genetics? 20180127_212730_Film4.jpg 20180127_212714_Film4.jpg 20180127_212739_Film4.jpg 20180127_212707_Film4.jpg

2. I would give her a good feeding. And add some "Recharge" or some other micronutrient inoculant. I suspect that you are having some pH problems and adding micronutrients like recharge will help buffer the root system against pH imbalance and it has the added benefit of increasing your nutrient uptake.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. #4 SolemnSmoker, Jan 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Judging from your no-name soil PH-tester i bet you also got that shitty yellow (or green sometimes) ph tester that is only good for garbage (it killed a girl of mine with its bulshit). My advice is to go get PH testing stripes till you replace your ph tester with a decent one (you should invest in a good one at some point) and do as MGK suggested. Pay attention to the ph of your runoff too, it should be in the optimal range of 6-7.

I didn't see you mention a fan, some claim it's pretty crucial for the growth.
    Also where the hell do you live? :p Is it a dessert? cause 40% with humidifier is very low, unless you meant to say "dehumidifier" which drops humidity instead. In veg you want the humidity to be around 50-70%.
    A trick i use to raise humidity is to strategically place a wet towel in front of the fan without blocking the airflow. (but then again i use huge fans, not sure how would that work with small ones).
    Something else that i just thought about now is that you can place a wet towel (preferably with very hot water) on the floor, if there is at least minimal insulation it should keep the moisture in there for a whole day.

Edit: Boron is one of the elements that cannabis needs, it's very rare that you have a boron deficiency and usually the boron deficiency symptoms should be attributed to ph imbalances. Genetics is basically your seed's DNA, the strain. When a symptom is attributed to the genetics it usually means "just leave it be, it will grow out of it".

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I do use an oscillating fan and yes a humidifier. Don't live in the desert just the good ole dry indoor winters of Michigan. 20180127_235230_Film4.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  5. I also have an extraction fan attached to the top of the door and a vent hole in the front where I have a fan blowing in.

6. The only pictures I have found that looks similar talked about it being either the boron that yes is rare but comes from a ph lock out usually ph being too high? Or unstable gentics? Since it was a free seed given away I thought maybe that could be a possibility? The Venice beach right next to it is not having this issue same soil same everything. But she wasn't having this problem until just recently and on the new growth only.

7. I used vinegar last night and the color looks better today. I also trimmed her up some. Got tea brewing for her next watering. 20180128_221753_Film4.jpg

• Like Like x 1