Twisted leaves, droopy. Pics.

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by zq8s10, Oct 16, 2007.

1. Okay, well I checked the soil ph and it has changed since last time I checked it but it appears to be between 6 and 7. The leaves has slight yellow tips in one and the rest are fine, but all are a little droopy, even showing a little bit of the claw I read about. The new growth at the top on the same one that has yellowing tips on the top half , also has a little twist in the leaves. The other is just drooping a little with a slight case of the claw. I have one thats topped thats not really drooping so much, just has a case of the claw. ( 3 ) plants total. Yesterday the one with the twisted leaves seemed to have been still moist so I watered the other two thinking I may just be underwatering, but I barely even watered them, probably around 6-8 ounces of water each, still no difference today, they also haven't grown any taller. The one with the twisted leaves and yellowing tips has always been the healthiest but it was having some problems that water wasn't reaching the bottom so I watered it untill I seen water come out the bottom, it actually looks better than the rest as far as the droop goes. what makes me think a little that i'm underwatering is I didn't water it yesterday but I watered the other two and now it is showing a little more droop. So maybe I should water it? Well, anyways heres some pics..

This is the one that has just been the droopiest and I watered it slightly yesterday and no changes since then.
    [​IMG]

This is the one that has slightly twisted leaves and yellowish tips on the top fan leaves. I also watered it a few days ago till I seen water come out the bottom, after it dried out I watered with around 10 ounces of water and havent watered since. but it seems to have more droop today than yesterday, but the soil is still a little moist. almost dry dry though
    [​IMG]

Oh, I hav3e always used vigoro all purpose plant food 12-5-7 and epson salts. the vigoro does appear to hace micro nutes listed on the back. its not water soluble ferts either its rocks that you scratch in and i eased the dosage in slowly.I recently added some cfls to get lgiht on the inside branches but only 2 26 watt 6500k cfls. The fan leaves branches are turning purple as well. I use a moisture meter often and I believe I may could be damaging the roots with it. I stopped using it yesterday. I really would appreciate help on this one guys. I was hoping I would actually get to see preflowers this try.

2. I believe you have nitrogen toxicity, the leaves are very dark green and display a mild droop

Id change ferts from what I understand you have a solid fert stick, they are very good for weed growing

it seems to get worse when you water because the nitrogen is more readily available when the soil is wet

you may need to flush your soil if the droop progresses

try this

Vegatative cycle fertilizer
    Miracle-Gro® Water Soluble All Purpose Plant Food (they make several fertilizers be sure its this one)
    http://www.miraclegro.com/index.cfm...t/documentId/637153cfaa6b1ff545c0236933b0a7a4
    Fertilizer Analysis: 24-8-16 with micronutrients
    2 level "Teaspoons" per gallon of water, (reduce this by 50% first time application) use this as your water, feed every other watering till flowering