Twins?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by bnjcaron, Feb 26, 2012.

1. this seed was germed, sprouted 1/2", put in soil and two came out. what should be done to this? seperate the two? and how soon?
    thanks

Attached Files:

2. Wait..... there's ONE seed in there? If that's the result of ONE seed, and not two, I wouldn't kill one or separate them. That's a pretty sick anomaly.

But if thats from two seeds you should separate them asap, as they'll just fight for root space later on.

3. hey 1sttimegrower,
    ya its from 1 seed, germed it and had one 1/4" sprout n planted it, then two shot out.

4. I don't know how that's possible with them both having cotyledons now that I think on it; any chance at all of another seed getting in there?

5. You clearly are a first time grower, :D just kidding bro. But yeah said and done before. http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-marijuana-growing/961935-2-sprouts-out-one-seed.html

I got a pic in that thread that shows my twins, your mistake was planting them as soon as the taproot showed or you went straight to soil :confused:If you had germed them in a paper towel long enough they would have established and separated on their own. The idea is they are essentially the same, same pheno and genetics, this isnt my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE with twins, mine are drastically different and I wouldn't be surprised if one was a dude and the other a girl, how predisposed to hermaphroditism they are, I have no clue. But I digress, others ANECDOTAL EVIDENCE points to one twin snuffing the other one out, thats why 1sttime here keeps asking if it wasnt 2 seeds, 2 seeds in the same pot equals two plants trying to grown in the same space, and you have two different root masses competing for the same nutes, not a good idea, at least not in soil. The best advice would be to cut one down or try separating them and hope you succeed.

Best of luck and let us know how it goes.

6. thanks highschool,
    i did search but used diferent wording, thanks for the link,
    well they got seperated and the roots were a little tangled but not to bad, but one would have died or possible both. all i can do now is wait and see.
    as for if it was one seed yes positive,
    thanks for all the replies.

7. i had twins last year i posted pics of them mine had 2 roots but i left then together