Twinkies again by spring? It could happen

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by claygooding, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Twinkies again by spring? It could happen

[​IMG]

It's not even Christmas, but Twinkies fans may be able to start looking forward to an Easter present.

Bankrupt Hostess Brands has received a number of bids from companies interested in buying the maker of Twinkies, Ho Hos, and Wonder bread, including retail heavyweights such as Wal-Mart Stores Inc. and Kroger Co, Bloomberg News reported Friday, quoting an unnamed person familiar with the matter.

The person asked not to be named because of the confidentiality of the bidding process, Bloomberg reported.

Whew,,thought I was destined to Lil Debbies but WalMart,,to the rescue,,hope they don't taste funny floating all the way from China.

2. Omg... I hope Walmart doesn't win the bid...

3. I bet hostes just staged this so they can put them back on the market make a comeback.

4. Would not even doubt that. You never really know what the fucks going on with huge corporations and big brother.

5. could be worse...
    [​IMG]

6. Yeah we do. So do people like Mitt Romney and "Bain Capital."
    This company didn't just make novelty foods like Twinkies. This was the 2nd largest bread maker in America. They had union labor that they didn't want to play nice with any longer. Stage a bankruptcy, shed the union workers, sell off the very valuable portions of the company, and make out like bandits on the other side with stock holdings in the new "successful" company.

Jebus H. Christ, Clay...Walmart and Bloomberg in the same sentence. Trying to make my head explode with rage? :D;)

I believe the largest bread maker in America is Mexican-owned. :eek::(

More Globalism folks. "Nothing to see here." No one gives a shit if they think its all junk food. And that is precisely how the media has spun it. ;)

7. Pay attention to things like the state of Michigan now passing the "right to work" bill (in what is supposedly a very liberal state, no less.) Sounds good, but corporations can sidestep organized labor altogether. Same with what they did to government workers in WI. The corporations will call all the shots, and we're gonna like it, comrades...

8. i got a bunch of the hostess cupcakes for free................i got hella blazed and ate every last one of em