Twin Purple Suns over a little dirt patch aka GLH 290(x2) by MtHigh.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by MtHigh, May 6, 2011.

1. Thanks brother, been growing in a modified super soil for a number of grows now and I really like the results, this is the first time I have tried a LED and I am very impressed so far. :D

Thanks for stopping in, I really do appreciate the visits.

2. Is the beginning of their 10th day of bloom for my special medicine and the Purple Sun generators have been working overtime! I have been protecting you from their PURPLENESS...(I am pretty high...:cool:)

But here they are with the color unadjusted. My little patch of dirt earlier.
    [​IMG]

Just wanted to show you a bud from my dwindling supply of Super Lemon Haze before it is gone. This is some really potent medicine...:smoke:

[​IMG]

Peace

3. Thought I would throw up some shots of my tops (kinda artsy) for the few of you watching.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Getting lots of pre-flower activity. :cool:

4. It's crazy how they look under the purple light! Tripy! Girls are looking great! :wave:

5. Thanks brother :D

6. Update night. The girls are loving these purple suns! :love: This is day 14 of 12/12. Tea's start in 7 days...will be using mostly a compost tea made with mushroom compost, but might do a few with worm castings thrown in first. Both teas will get a tiny amount of molasses before they get 12 hrs of aeration. I will be giving them all their second watering with Great White early next week so the soil should welcome the tea's.

Stakes will be coming out soon to control these girls size and give them support. They have a bit more stretch before I am gonna worry about it.

This is my Big Buddha Cheese tonight.
    [​IMG]

My Super Lemon Haze has been starting to push the petal to the metal...a beast in the making.
    [​IMG]

And my new girl to my bloom closet, first time growing her and I like what I see and smell...this is King's Kush. OG Kush x Grape (Ape it is thought).
    [​IMG]

And all the girls together under the twin purple suns...:cool:
    [​IMG]

7. #27 irishboy, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
    you know i am here for this one, love ur grows and you rock out killer plants/buds every time. its a shame more people dont post on here, you have so much info to offer. i love learning from ur grows and our chats.

keep up the great grows brother, always A+ from you! enjoy the 5 stars

8. #28 MtHigh, Jun 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2011
    Thanks IB....I really appreciate your kind words brother. I enjoy our talks too. They keep all the reading info fresh in my mind...is helping the pieces all fall together for my soil grows. And these 2 X 290's from GLH are impressing me...and I was really very happy with my 600W Lumatek bare bulb in my digital ballast...that thing is bright! The LED's work so much better for my grow space too.

Peace brother!

9. Hey man, you gonna cut off any of them shade leafs? I bet you'll have lots and lots of popcorn buds if you dont... never grew with led's sucessfully so i'd like to join the ride... I'm a very firm believer in defolation for donkey dick colas

10. I don't defoliate until day 35ish and then only the worse offenders on top, every stress you do during stretch and early bloom = LESS YIELD. And I believe in growing to depletion, so my girls defoliate themselves later to make bud.

Same room, same style plant gave me over 6 oz's doing it this way...;)
    Big Buddha Cheese.
    [​IMG]

11. Pulling up a chair for this one

12. Welcome to my journal brother!

13. Been a few days since and update...girls are loving this light. Budding has started on them all but King's Kush is definitely in the lead...will see if that means she harvests before the others.

Here are my girls.

Big Buddha Cheese day 18 of 12/12
    [​IMG]

Kings Kush on day 18 of 12/12
    [​IMG]

Super Lemon Haze day 18 of 12/12
    [​IMG]

All the girls spreading out so far the closet is starting to hide part of them.
    [​IMG]

14. Nice man nice

15. Thanks Ford, this grow has been going pretty good. :cool:

16. I like your choice of strains to. I have super lemon haze seeds on the way

17. I really like SLH, she is a potent girl! '

Time for another update.

It is the end of 3 weeks of 12/12 and my girls are all budding up nicely.

My Cheese.
    [​IMG]

My Super Lemon Haze
    [​IMG]

My Kings Kush
    [​IMG]

And my little patch of dirt.
    [​IMG]

:cool:

18. I'm signed up; I love LED grows, and I have a pair of GLH 300's in my tent currently. Your girls are looking great!

:bongin: + rep

19. There all filling out great mean short and bushy. Though I was thinking super lemon haze would be taller because it has a good bit of sativa in it? I don't know but happy growing what are you feeding them babies?

20. Thanks brother and welcome to my journal!

I use a super soil mix with Mater Magic (inexpensive organic tomato nute) and some other supplements. I just started giving them their weekly mushroom compost tea (touch of molasses in it). They get that til the last week. I use Great White several times during bloom to keep a healthy micro zoo and that is about all I use.

These aren't really that short...maybe some perspective will help. ;)

This is the tray they are on, on the first day of LED light, little over a month and 1/2 ago. (Mainly to show the tray size)
    [​IMG]

23 days ago this is what she looked like when I started bloom, sitting on a 21 gallon tub.
    [​IMG]

She is over 3x stretch right now and not done. She stretches a full month usually. She is just now entering the era of the Beast!
    [​IMG]

She is taller than the King's Kush now.
    [​IMG]