Tweezing cause permanent hair loss?

Discussion in 'General' started by TwiztidToker24, Oct 4, 2011.

1. I have been plucking in between my eyebrows for about 4 years now almost every day. However my eyebrows, where I havent plucked, are starting to thin pretty drastically. Does tweezing cause permanent hair loss even in hairs you haven't plucked?

2. If it did every woman wouldn't have eyebrows.... It Has a lot to do with age and if you have hair loss on your head. My mom, 55, doesn't pluck her eyebrows anymore it just stopped growing back. But if you're a man that's having hair loss I can see how plucking could not grow back.

3. No haha no hair loss on my head im only in my early twenties

4. ^ balding can start in early teens.

5. Haha thanks for that now I have something else to worry about... I do know its not balding though, i have a skin condition called sebbhoric dermatitis that i have been going to the dermatologist for though. He claims it doesn't cause hair loss but i know what my eyebrows look like and there is definite clear hair loss.

6. did you pluck at that exact spot? maybe you scarred the area? plucking probably does cause damage to an extant.

7. I think that's what it is, damage. I did the same shit as a kid because I would of had a crazy uni-brow. Now nothing really grows there.. Which is cool in my book. I know it doesn't mean I am immune to getting it, but baldness doesn't run in my family. It's all been thick heads of hair.

It seemed like each time I did it, it got thinner and lighter. I guess it wouldn't really be considered damage, but I think when you pluck, where the hair grew is still big and open. It probably heals over, like a single layer of cells fills in by the time the hair starts to grow back. Less room for the hair to grow making it thinner. Each time, the hole gets smaller and smaller.

The hair I have between my eyebrows can't even be considered peach fuzz really.

8. its not the hair between my brows which is falling out, rather the hair of the brows themselves. I only plucked between them

9. I went on google to try to crack a joke about what OP will look like soon.

I failed to find anything good, so I present you with a picture of an eyebrowless Whoopy Goldberg

[​IMG]

edit: It figures the next picture over was this.

[​IMG]

10. wish it would then i wouldnt have to tweeze anymore

11. Wow thanks for the pics I now realize that I would look truly retarded without eyebrows....

12. I would so much rather pull hairs out with tweezers than shave my balls. It feels SO good.