Tweek it in

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Firebolt420, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Welcome to my ongoing modification. 
    So the girls broke ground on 2/2/15 and have been doing well since.

As the pics show the Ice Bomb had a bit of a mutation at first but she pulled out and jumped to life.
    Ice Bomb7.JPG Ice Bomb2.JPG Ice Bomb3.JPG Ice Bomb4.JPG Ice Bomb4.JPG Ice Bomb6.JPG Ice Bomb (2).JPG Ice Bomb (1).JPG

The Lemon Diesel came out a fighter and looks amazing so far.
    Lemon diesel.JPG Lemon Diesel1.JPG Lemon Diesel2.JPG Lemon diesel.JPG Lemon Diesel3.JPG Lemon Diesel (1).JPG Lemon Diesel (2).JPG Lemon Diesel (2).JPG Lemon Diesel (9).JPG Lemon Diesel4.JPG Lemon Diesel (10).JPG

So once these two are ready for transplant they are going into 5 gal pots that will be SIP fed from a 3 gal res that is going to be in the cabinet below the flower chamber. The res has a filter and air stone in it that is going to be on a timer that kicks on for 15 minutes every hour.
    SIP-n-RES (4).JPG SIP-n-RES (3).JPG
    SIP-n-RES (5).JPG SIP-n-RES (6).JPG

The lighting is a 300w LED and 3 t5 grow bulbs, and with this setup the temps are sticking at 80* lights on and 72* lights off. Once I get the res situated in the lower shelf there will also be a t5 down there for a clone/germ area.
    IMG_0071.JPG IMG_0072.JPG

That's it for now, I'll piece a little more of the SIP system together tomorrow and get some step by step pics as I go.

2.  I didn't get around to piecing together my SIP pots today since I can't seem to find the correct 'rope' I'm looking for. 
    My plan is to run a wicking rope through a hose into the side of a plastic pot and run the 'rope' in a slight spiral about an inch above a 1 1/2" to 2" layer of growstones something like this;
    SIP pot.jpg

The other end of the hose will set in the res below with a small portion of the 'rope' hanging out.
    The res is a 3gal tub that is fed from the house plumbing.

3. Day 29,
     Just cruising along on 18/6 and no real issues to speak of. I didn't get all of my supplies in time to get the wick pots going this round, so it is just the SIP tray again. When I transplanted into the Roots Organic they both took off with a vengeance. Started growing like weeds :ey:

The Bomb Seeds Ice Bomb
    Bomb ice (3).JPG     Bomb ice (4).JPG    Bomb ice (5).JPG

The Emerald Triangle Lemon Diesel
      Lemon diesel (3).JPG     Lemon diesel (4).JPG     Lemon diesel (5).JPG

Going forward from here, I've just gotten in 1cf of BAS so as soon as I can get a couple clones off of the Lemon Diesel the big fun begins :hello:

4.  Once again I can't leave well enough alone, my package showed up and now I am adding my LED lighting to my cabinet. I'm not sure of the wattage of the light strips since the description just says 10 pcs 10w. The light strips are 20" long and there are 5 of them. The plan is to add them to all 4 sides with a door switch that turns them off when opened so I won't get blinded when I check the girls. These are just going to be supplemental so I don't have huge expectations for them. I had 3 x 2' T5's in there previously but they ran kinda hot in the small space of my cabinet so I wanted to improve that before the really hot months get here.

They require some wiring mods to fit my application so I'll post pics later.  

5. Got lost for a bit.
    [​IMG]
    On the left is Super Skunk, and on the right is Master Kush. Both are from Nirvana Seeds. This is 1 week into flower .
    The Super Skunk is in B.A.S. gen2 and the Master Kush is in B.A.S. original that was unused from last grow.

[​IMG]
    Master Kush

[​IMG]
    Super Skunk

[​IMG]
    Master Kush

[​IMG]
    Super Skunk

[​IMG]
    Master Kush

[​IMG]
    And Super Skunk

The Super Skunk does have about 1.5 weeks less veg time and was a rough starter. They were pretty close in size when I switched to 12/12 but the Master Kush just exploded in the stretch. I am going to put in the net tonight and get the tucking started.
    I'm going to be in Olympia WA this week so I'll be hitting Green Lady there. Really looking forward to it since I'll be able to try Chongs weed:smoke: . I've already got my shopping list set:ph34r:

6. Forgot to mention that Charlie the inspector stopped by to check on the girls, he gives his approval.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Just hanging in Lacy/Olympia for the week.
    [​IMG]
    Before I left home I put the net in play and had to tuck some of the Master Kush. I'll get some pics of that when I get home.
    Time to get some grub...

8. Still plucking away.
    [​IMG]
    Master Kush

[​IMG]
    Super Skunk

[​IMG]
    Super Skunk

[​IMG]
    Super Skunk,

9. A little more to go.
    [​IMG]